25.

I was pulling down the shutter when a sudden tap on my shoulder forced me to let go. Thanks to gravity, the metal door reached its destination with a loud wham that left a ringing in my ears.

"Shit! Sorry." Beck stood beside me as I tried getting my heart rate under control.

"When did you become such a master at sneaking up on people?" I pulled him closer by his jacket's collar and flicked the underside of his chin. He grabbed my wrist, and I was sure he could fear the erratic dum dum dum that came from my heart.

"I don't think someone needs to be an expert when it comes to you." Beck kissed the inside of my wrist, on my pulse point, and rubbed his thumb over it. "You're always so lost in your own head."

I snatched my hand back. "So, you hung around just to prove that to me?"

"No." He grabbed my shoulders, turning me around and then proceeded to push me from behind. "I came to pick you up."

"Beck!" I laughed and dug my heels into the pavement, but that just turned into me sliding along, making it easier for him to continue his antics. "I need to go to the gym."

"Don't worry. What I have planned is definitely cardio intensive."

"I don't doubt it. But I have a test on Friday. I need to study."

"We can study after our cardio session." He stopped hauling me like cargo and opened the passenger door to his car, signalling with his head to get in. "I have a test too. We can study together."

I crossed my arms. "When you're around, the term study loses all meaning."

"Fine. I promise I'll take you to the library and we can study there. I'll sit like five tables away from you. Please, just get in." He started to whine and bounced on the balls of his feet. "I haven't seen you all day. I just wanna spend time with you."

How could I ever say no to this guy? "Okay. Let me text Krishna and tell him I'm not coming."

"Well... I don't know about that."

I shot him a dry look. "Why are you like this? Great, my phone's dead. Give me yours." The moment I opened Krishna's contact, Beck's phone started to buzz. Someone named Isaac was calling him. Isaac followed by a heart emoji.

"Uhm. Beck? Who is Isaac?" My brain turned on lightning mode and began jumping to so many conclusions it made me dizzy. I was sure there had to be a perfectly reasonable explanation for this. Beck...He was honest. Right? Or did I read everything wrong? Maybe there was someone else. Maybe there were more.

"No one." He yanked the phone from my hands. He rounded the car and, before entering the driver's seat, fidgeted with his phone a little. Brows crossed, frown deepening by the second. Then he lifted his head up and looked at me, a smile forming across those lips. "Come on. Let's get outta here."

I smashed every siren that blared inside. Beck had an explanation for this.

I trusted him.

And I had to repeat that all throughout the drive to not completely lose my mind.

~

I fell on Beck's chest as every single muscle that made him trembled in a deep after-sex haze. With shaky arms, I held myself up and kissed Beck, thoroughly, deeply, till I felt him grinning.

"I can't feel my legs," he said and wiggled his eyebrows. "Wanna give me a massage? You know, like that time in the park when you were itching to get my dick in your sneaky little paws."

I rolled off him, smothering my smile, and rested my head on his outstretched bicep. "I can't feel my arms. And big of you to say that when you were literally shoving your cock in my face."