15

"Please?" Sirius whined.

"No, Sirius!" Isleen sighs as he follows her down the hallway.

"Just one prank?" He asked with his finger at his lip, walking backwards to face her.

"I have homework," She smiled. She took a glance behind him and grabbed him by his collar, pushing him to one side. "You were in someone's way."

He laughed in shock and amusement. "Please, Isleen? My mates are all busy."

"Oh, and I'm your last resort?"

"No! Second to last." She rolled her eyes at his comment and turned the corner. "I'm kidding!"

Isleen stopped in her tracks and leaned against the wall. "What prank?"

Sirius grinned. "You'll do it?"

"I'll think about it."

"Perfect! So this will take me a while to plan because I'm planning it on my own, okay? I'll tell you when it's ready."

"Why can't I just help you?" She frowned.

"Because, my lovely Isleen, seeing as it's your first prank I would like to make it special."

She shook her head and walked away. "You're so weird."

"See you later!" He smiled, turning the other way.

Isleen only got a few steps away from Sirius before running into the others. "Hey, Isleen! Have you seen Black anywhere?"

"Sirius? I was just with him, why?"

"We've been looking for him for over an hour. He said he had to speak to you like four hours ago and didn't come back." Peter shrugged.

"Yeah, he's been following me around for like the past two hours asking me to pull a prank with him. He said you guys were busy and couldn't."

Remus laughed. "Us? Busy? Please."

Isleen pointed behind her. "He went that way."

As Remus and Peter wondered in the direction she had pointed them, James held back. "Hey, Isleen?"

"Yeah?"

"You and Sirius..."

"What about us?"

"You're not just messing with him, are you? I know Lils said you have this whole big reason to not date but-"

"James... Trust me, I would never intentionally hurt Sirius. He's my friend, okay?"

He smiled at the idea of something more between her and Sirius. "Okay. See you around Isleen."

He then chased after his two friends.

———

Isleen lay with her head resting on Lily's lap on their bench.

"He didn't!" Isleen giggled.

"He did!" Lily laughed, shaking her head. "Never in my life would I have believed that James had asked Professor McGonagall on a date."

"He's mental."

Lily paused for a moment. "Sirius is mental too."

Isleen didn't realise what this conversation was segueing to, so she laughed. "I know, right? He was following me around earlier for hours asking me to pull a prank with him. It was deluded, I'm telling you."

She raised an eyebrow. "Oh really?"

"Yeah! I'm telling you, he was insufferable, Lils! I was basically running at one point."

"And in all that you didn't think to just go to your dorm to get away from him?"

Isleen paused. "Well... I hadn't thought about that."

Lily grinned and took out a map of some sort. "See these footsteps? They're yours. I can see where you've been in the past 24 hours."

"... Okay?"

"And if you go back to when yours and Sirius' footsteps are together, I can see you walked past your common room at least twice."

She looked up at Lily. "It may have crossed my mind once or twice."

"And why didn't you leave?"

"It felt rude!"

"Isleen."

She breathed. "You know I like being around him, Lily, it's not like you have to torture that out of me. It's just... I guess I felt safe with him. I didn't want to leave."

Lily smiled. "James makes me feel like that."

"So?"

"Maybe Sirius is your James."

______