Book (I): Chapter (III)

~Magic for Idiots 101~

The mysterious loli leads Akino inside of the church.

"How do you know me?" Was the first thing Akino asks the loli.

"Let's just say, I'm an old friend of yours. It seems that you truly have lost all of your memories." The loli said. She motions Akino to sit on a bench which said girl does.

"My name is Cynthia. But you can call me Cyn for short." The loli now known as Cynthia says. "You have been asleep for quite some time now. But it seems that your wounds have healed."

Cynthia inspects Akino's body. "All except for that one." She points at the giant scar across the taller girl's chest. "How have you been feeling since you've woken up? No pain or anything right?"

"I feel fine." Akino says. "Just a bit tired."

Cynthia nods thoughtfully. "That's to be expected after such a long slumber. Your body will take some time to fully regain its strength."

She takes a seat next to Akino.

Now, let's begin shall we?" Cynthia clasped her hands together. "You see, the magic you possess is quite extraordinary. However... With your memory loss, it might be a bit challenging for you to harness them effectively."

Akino looks at her glowing right arm and the markings all over her body.

"So, what do I do?"

"First, we start with the basics. Consider this your first lesson: Magic for idiots 101." Cynthia stands up and gestures for Akino to follow her to the front of the church where a small altar stands.

"Place your hand at this altar and focus the energy inside you. The markings on your arms are the conduits for your magic. The golden braces on your right arm is a temporary seal that'll help you control your magic."

Akino nods and places her right hand on the altar, feeling a strange warmth emanating from it. She closes her eyes and concentrates. The markings on her body begin to glow brighter, and she feels a surge of energy flowing through her.

Cynthia smiles. "Good. Now, try to visualize that energy forming into something tangible. Start with something simple like a small flame."

Akino furrowed her brow in concentration. Slowly, a small green flame flickers to life above her hand. She opens her eyes, staring at the flame in awe.

"Well done. You're the same as I remembered. Now, let's see how rusty you've gotten since back then." A black scythe with bright teal rose designs materialized in Cynthia's hands. She twirled her weapon with one hand before pointing at Akino.

"We never did finish our fight from back then. It's time to settle the score."

"W-what?" Akino ducks under the scythe and takes out her rusty sword using it to block another incoming strike.

"You're a bit slower than I remember. Well, you still aren't at full strength yet. For now... This is your second lesson!"