CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18: FRIENDS

-------- ≪ 。❅*⋆⍋⋆*❅。 ≫ --------

🌸Red Ashthea Point of View🌸

August is in the kitchen cooking her self-learned Lumpia recipe, she saw it on the internet when I was sleeping. She got excited and wanted to cook it for me.

While waiting I decided to open my phone once again.

[You got an unread message from 'Dad']

⋘══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════⋙

Dad:

【Come home Red!】

【Come home immediately or else!】

【Come home, I'll hand you the Sanchez Reports.】

⋘══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════⋙

Nanlaki ang mata ko sa nakita ko. Sanchez report?

Kumabog ang puso ko, magkahalong saya at kaba ang nararamdaman ko.

Sanchez's report documents are the reason why Dad hated me.

I ruined my dad's big project by accidentally uncovering the illegal conduct of the Sanchez branch, which is a small branch of our family business.

Artemis Group of Company was willing to hand over the budget but because of my investigations, they withdrew their offer. They said that our company can't be trusted.

I was about to type a reply when my phone suddenly rang... It was my dad.

"Hello, Dad?" I hesitated, unsure of what to say.

"Red, I'll hand you over the documents, you may continue investigating" He sounds calm.

"Why so sudden, Dad?" I couldn't help but blurt out curiously. I was genuinely happy, but the suddenness of it all caught me off guard.

"Your brother was personally contacted by the new CEO of Artemis. They're demanding a full investigation report regarding the Sanchez Branch," he replied sternly. Even though he was miles away, I could still feel his authoritative presence, sending shivers down my spine.

"D-do I need to work for the company?" I nervously asked.

"Yes, come back tonight. We need to talk in person" He hung up.

Pagkababa ng tawag ay napahawak ako sa dibdib ko. Ang lakas ng tibok ng puso ko.

While I was still in disbelief, I heard August's footsteps.

Nang makita niya ang facial expression ko ay dali dali siyang napalapit at umupo sa tabi ko. Binigyan ng yakap.

"Hey, what happened?" Her warm voice quelled my shaking inners.

"D-dad... Dad called me... He said I need to go back to Manila. A great opportunity has come for me, August... With this, I must be able to redeem and prove myself," I gave her a short answer, no explanation.

"What time should you be there?" She asked immediately, without pushing for more details. She understood that my relationship with my dad was complicated, so when she heard that I had received good news, she chose to support me rather than interrogate me.

It was also good for me since this was a controversial issue involving the Artemis Group.

"As soon as possible" I answered with a shaking but high-pitched tone.