𝟎𝟎𝟎 Before The Fall

PROLOGUE , BEFORE THE FALL

a/n : I moved my rewrite to the original TWD book
*this chapter contains physical abuse*

━━━━━━━━━━

Deafening silence fills the halls of the high school. The brunette keeps her clouded emerald eyes on her black Chuck Taylors. Her right leg was bouncing and her adrenaline was still high from 30 minutes earlier. She keeps the icepack pressed against her throbbing eye. A sniffle is heard from the teen's side, she moves her head to the side and sets her fiery eyes on the boy sitting a few seats down from her. He was covering his nose with a tissue that was already soaked in crimson red liquid. The boy pulls his brows together and turns his head, meeting the girl's eyes. His blood immediately runs cold. For a second, he thought she would look away, but the brunette just kept glowering at him. Like she hadn't done enough damage to him. Even with one good eye, her glare was terrifying.

The boy wanted her in more trouble than she already was. Why not egg her on? So, he leans toward the girl and squints his eyes. "You just started something you won't be able to finish, bitch."

Then that familiar ringing started in the girl's ears once again. The brunette's breathing heavies and she curls her empty hand into a fist. She drops the icepack and it hits the ground with a splat. The brunette rises to her feet and stalks over to the boy, her Chuck Taylor's squeak against the white tiles. The boy's eyes widen and his entire body tenses up.

"Logan Michelle Grimes!"

The brunette stops in her tracks, her mother's voice managing to break through Logan's rage. Logan uncurls her fists and lets her shoulders sag. She turns her head and sees her parents standing with the principal. Each adult had a certain look of disappointment across their face. Logan spots the brunette boy standing behind them. She totally forgot that Elliott was there. That was one thing about the boy. He was quiet when he wanted to be.

Lori turns to the Principal. "I am so sorry about her," she whispers, trying her best to make sure her daughter didn't hear. She failed.

Lori walks down the hall and pasts Logan without a glance. Logan watches her mom crouch in front of the boy with a broken nose, and his eyes widen with fear. Almost like Logan was the bully. A soft smile spreads across Lori's lips. "I hope you feel better, sweetheart." Lori touches his arm in a comforting manner.

A scoff leaves Logan's lips, "Such bullshit..."

"Logan." Lori snaps.

Logan slams her jaw shut and a frustrated breath leaves her nose. She curls her fingers into fists and digs her nails into her palms, hoping she would be able to stop herself from acting out. She didn't want to make herself into the bad guy anymore. It became exhausting, having to defend herself. The girl was slowly not caring about what people thought about her.