𝟎𝟎𝟒 Always have a Fish Fry Before Dying

Vatos.

CHAPTER FOUR , ALWAYS HAVE A FISH FRY BEFORE DYING

a/n : hehe Hiiiii 🫶

━━━━━━━━━━

Elliot noticed Jimmy had been digging a hole since the sunrise. No one knew why he was digging the hole. And they hadn't gone up there to check on him. The boy was a little worried for Jimmy but also curious. So, he made his way up the hill that Jimmy had been located at all morning. Jimmy hears exhausted breathing from afar. He turns and sees Elliot walking up the hill. Elliott lets out a heavy breath and waves a hand, "Hey, Jimmy!"

Jimmy looks back at the hole he was digging. Elliot frowns, "All righty." he makes his way over to the man. "What are you working on?"

"Nothing, go back to camp, Eli."

Elliot grimaces at the nickname. "Only my dad calls me that. Especially when he's pissed."

The teenage boy cautiously walks over to Jimmy. He then stands on his tiptoes to look at the home he was digging. "Pretty deep. What's it for?"

Jimmy halts his digging and turns to Elliot. The boy presses his lips into a small smile, which causes Jimmy's frustration to drop. Jimmy softly laughs and wipes the sweat from his forehead. He may have been frustrated, but he couldn't stay mad at Elliott. He was a good kid that was just worried about his friend.

"Anybody know you're here?" Jimmy avoids Elliot's question. Elliot frowns, "No, but, I don't think they'd mind. My dad trusts you."

Jimmy's small smile falls, he looks back at the joke and Elliot notices the grim expression across his face. "Can I help?"

Jimmy pulls his brows together. "Seriously?"

Elliot shrugs, "I finished all my chores."

Jimmy hesitates and Elliot takes a step forward. "I have nothing else to do and I won't tell anyone." He holds his arms out.

Jimmy keeps his eyes on the boy, then he looks back at the hole he had been digging. He looks back at Elliot. Jim didn't want to be curt and standoffish, especially with a kid as kindhearted as Elliot; but he didn't need anyone around him while he was doing this.

"Elliot, don't worry about me, okay? Just go back to camp." Jim sounded tired.

Jimmy goes back to digging, his back turned to the boy. Elliot bites the inside of his cheek with worry. Even though, he made his way back to camp; Elliott still had his mind on Jimmy and what he was doing up there. And just from one glance at the boy, Dale knew something was bothering him.