Chapter 3: Feral

(Art not mine)
Izuku walked out toward the ring, his eyes scanning the large arena. The tall ceilings and bleacher style seating were all positioned toward the cage. He walked in without as much of a blink besides the careful eye of Chisaki's workers; the side door he used was barely noticeable from where the patrons sat above the ring. Izuku never minded that he wasn't noticed, he actually liked that his master never let him go through the main entrance like all the other fighters. Deep down he knew it was to keep him isolated and away from any of the visitors that would want to buy or trade him. Chisaki wasn't anything but possessive over his belongings, whether it be objects or people, it didn't matter to him. Izuku was meant to stay aloof and rare so when he was appraised it would increase his value. Anything to keep the air of mystery there to draw in the VIPs, along with their deep pockets.

The omega sighed, his eyes roamed over the room from his hidden spot just outside the fence. This was the same view with the same heavy feeling that inhabited his chest every other week. Yet, this week he felt like he was going to throw up. Even without eating today, he felt his stomach turn and threaten to up heave despite being empty. He closed his eyes, forcing away the feeling and any emotions that threatened to overtake him. He pushed them back, ensuring that they stayed behind the dam that held everything else as well.

Once he was sure that everything was locked away, he stepped down into the ring; the gate clanking behind him as he was locked in. The rough texture was a welcomed feeling under his bare feet, the tiny clumps between his toes helped him focus on his surroundings instead of the mess inside his head. The dirt floor was packed down to a hardened surface, making it feel more like stone when slammed against. The different rolls and ridges of the ground against Izuku's feet eased his muscles and nerves as he walked further into the caged arena, not allowing him to dissociate like he wanted to.

Izuku puffed out his chest slightly, straightening his posture and holding his head higher than he normally would. He knew that he needed to keep up appearances now that he was in full view. He had to keep up the mystery even if very few of the patrons ever noticed his entrance. It was all a game that his master dictated he play, like a puppet on a string or a fish in a tank, he was the entertainment and thus expected to perform for that purpose. That was what Izuku did well, put on a mask to entertain, but only for the pup that awaited his return back in his room.

The omega kept his body moving, not allowing a moment to lapse in worry he would be absorbed back into his head. The majority of the people in the room laughed and chatted with one another. The members in the VIP section swung their glasses of wine and liquor around like this was a party, no care for the liquid that spilled out. All of them were dressed in upscale attire, the designs and quality a sure expression of the money that they had. Izuku assumed most of them had just come from their cushy jobs without a second thought toward the lives that they actively destroyed with their disgusting desires.

The only VIPs that ever seemed to notice him were the ones that saw his presence as transactional rather than entertainment. Those few came to these events to further their underground merchandising, effectively exchanging their products on site. Those people were easy for Izuku to spot. They isolated themselves from the boisterous patrons and stared him down with a menacing look, critiquing and analyzing him in every way imaginable. It sickened the omega in so many ways, to be eyed like an auctioned steer rather than the person that he was. Their eyes were determined to pinpoint if the omega in front of them was worth the bet or if it was better to outright buy him; though the omega's master never agreed to their terms.

Izuku hated this part, the blatant disregard for his life. They didn't care about him at all, only when he would win did they consider he had value. Those sharp and menacing eyes shoved him further into the darkness that he actively tried to keep at bay. The flirting and laughing that echoed around him was like a sea of poison in his ears, the crude sounds pulling him down into the deepest trench for him to drown in every way imaginable. The sounds around him only heightened the anger and humiliation that he felt within this building every day of his life. A never ending torment. Izuku wondered what he did in his past life to deserve a hell like this. It must have been pretty bad for this to be the result he had to pay.