Chapter 7: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

*****
Hello 👋
TW: Like Major trigger warning for this chapter. There is physical abuse, mentions of unaliving ones self, abuse of a minor, self depreciation and detailed writing about such topics. To some this chapter is really fucked up, but this whole story is rated the way it is for a reason with the TAGS it has. Just a reminder since I have been away for a while. This is a shorter chapter since it is heavy and dark.
AGAIN, I am someone that doesn't like to sugar coat things. I wouldn't say I am a dark writer, but sometime it just comes out in my writing and I don't like to dampen it. So please!!!! If you cannot manager your own traumas and reactions to triggers yet, don't feel bad or discouraged, but please don't read this chapter, or story really. 🙏
See you at the end.
(Art not mine)
********

Izuku groaned loudly as he sat hunched over himself in his room. Eri's hand pressed firmly on his injured shoulder as she slowly reversed more of the omega's bigger wounds. The tingles that coursed down to his elbow and across his shoulder blade felt nice in a weird way. It was a numbing buzz that left a cool residue as it pulsed in waves with every breath the pup took.

He could feel the ache in his shoulder begin to dissipate as Eri focused her quirk to a different spot. Even that little bit of relief was enough for Izuku to feel a million times better. Though his throat still hurt like a bitch and caused an enferno to erupt whenever he would swallow, that was something he could live with in comparison. The tear in his shoulder however was way too inconvenient for his lifestyle. Sure it was painful, but it was more irritating now than anything.

Thank the gods he hadn't gotten any injuries during his fight besides a bruised foot, Eri's focus herself on mendin his shoulder. Anything after would be a happy little bonus.
Izuku kept his eyes closed as he sat on the edge of his nest; his body falling more into itself as each second passed. He was so tired, just the effort to stay upright was too much at this point. He honestly didn't know how he was able to last as long as he did in the ring.

In retrospect most of the fight was a blur, pure instinct and adrenaline keeping his mind clear and body responsive for the condition he was in. He knew that his body was well past its limits before the starting buzzer even rang, he shouldn't have been allowed to fight. He was still hurt from the week before, and even with Eri being attentive to him, there was very little healing allowed with the short amount of time.

Izuku sighed when Eri pulled away, the warm touch of her fingers leaving behind a cool wave of comfort. There was no pain as Izuku rolled his shoulder and flexed his arm in different ways, the light sensation in the ligaments bringing a smile to freckled cheeks. There was still tightness deep in his muscles from lack of mobility, but he presumed that would sort itself out with time.

"Can you do my throat? It's still causing a lot of pain." Izuku asked, his hand touching the spot that was still slightly bruised with finger tip impressions. He wouldn't speak it out loud, but Izuku hated that each time he tried to move his head or swallowed he was reminded of that beta.

"Uh huh." Eri agreed as she helped Izuku turn around in his nest so she could have a better angle. Izuku breathed happily with a new sense of energy as he was able to put all his weight on his arm and move without needing the pup's help. That in itself was a cause for internal celebration.

Eri knelt in front of Izuku, her hands coming to rest on his throat while her fingers lightly hovered over the bruises. She narrowed her eyes with focus as she activated her quirk on the section right next to his jaw. Eri hummed softly as she worked, her tune intended to ease any stress her friend may have. She kept her attention on her hands, being sure to keep the wave of light away from Izuku's face so that his sinus would stay collapsed.

Both of them knew that this injury was the only one that must never be healed, though it made Eri a little sad. Sure, it did give him an advantage in the ring, but it also ensured that Izuku would be 'blind' to a lot of social cues. This leverage in the ring was a disability outside of it.