Chapter 2 - Welcome

Ouch. Poor Lils.

Note:

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

'Telepathy'

Secret Telepathy

'Sign Language'

----------

Lilith woke up to Bella nudging her awake worriedly. B-Bella? She transmitted weakly, throat aching too much to actually talk. She glanced around, trying to figure out where she was. Her sight was still a bit blurry, so while she could tell that it was familiar and where the flames and holes were, she couldn't tell exactly which place it was.

After Crescent teleported you out, the grunt set off a bomb. Bella answered, gesturing to the state of the room she was in. You're in the Captain's office.

Then... how did you get here? And is my mom okay? The others? Lilith asked, head spinning. She tried to stand up, and stumbled around dizzily, almost falling into a fire.

Bella caught her before she got burned though. Be careful, my lady. Miss Nancy wanted me to go after you, so I don't know if she's okay.

Okay, then I'm going to find her. Lilith declared, standing up again and taking a few hesitant, wobbling steps.

Miss Nancy wanted me to keep you safe. Bella argued, following Lilith.

Yeah... but Mom has some really strong Pokémon. Finding her would keep me safe. Lilith reasoned. Bella gave her a suspicious look, but decided to play along. They went downstairs, carefully jumping over holes in the stairs, until they saw a man standing in the hall.

"You there, child!" He shouted over the roaring sound of the fire. "Thank goodness you're all right!"

'Do you know exactly what happened?' Bella asked.

He shook his head. "I was late to the Farewell Banquet, and once I got here there was this huge explosion... It knocked me off my feet and flat on my face, but I'm alright. But unfortunately, we're trapped because the flooring here has gone under..."

'I can levitate us over, if necessary.' Bella offered.

Thank you. Lilith thought gratefully.

'Watch out!' Bella suddenly yelled.

The man turned around, and saw a red tentacled creature with a gem in its chest suddenly materialize behind him. "What the... what is that?!" The creature let out a warbled roar.

My lady, back away slowly. Bella ordered. Lilith could only follow numbly. The creature snapped its head towards Lilith, but suddenly spun around to face the man again. It rushed towards him at a speed Lilith couldn't follow, and kidnapped him, flying over the hole in the floor and rushing into the ocean.

Ignore him, we need to go. Bella decided.

But... he... he just... Lilith stuttered out, shell shocked.

I need to keep you safe. Bella declared, voice forcibly hard. And he just helped you survive. Do you want to waste his sacrifice?

Yeah... okay. Okay. Lilith took a deep breath and steadied herself, heading towards the dining area where the Farewell Banquet was. Inside, she found the piano lady heading towards the entrance.

'Miss!' Bella called.

The pianist looked up, her body racked with coughs. "Hey, look who it is!"