Chapter 4 - Wish

So sorry for updating so late! Check the end notes for more info.

Also, my friend made some art for this story! (Check the page: Art)

Note:

"Speaking"

'Thinking'

'Telepathy'

Secret Telepathy

'Sign Language'

---------

"Lilith? Would you mind coming with me for a moment?"

Lilith turned her head to Jan, who seemed to be loitering around.

'Do you need something?' Bella asked.

"Kind of? I just need to show you something, since you're just starting out on your journey. Would you mind coming with me for a moment?" Jan answered.

'I see. Lead the way then.'

Jan opened a new gate, next to the gate that led to the Pokémon enclosure and offices. The gate immediately led to a large room, with walls in between to maintain a semblance of privacy.

"Welcome, Lilith." Jan started dramatically, before immediately dropping the act. "Yeah, that was probably stupid. Anyways, this is where we keep all the good stuff. There are a numerous amount of gadgets laid across the region that will aid you if you come across them." He walked over to a machine that looked a pole with a green star on top of it.

"Exhibit A. This is a PC star. It acts as a remote PC storage system. I'm sure you know what that is." Jan explained briefly. "Now for Exhibit B." He walked to the second section of the room. In that section, there was a sort of podium with a panel on top of it. "This one is really important, especially if you want to challenge the gyms of the Aevium region. This is the Gym Guide panel. When you enter a Gym, you'll see these. There's one contact built into it. Call it, and then a special someone will give you advice you might want before battling the gym leader."

'A special someone?' Bella parroted, almost amused.

Jan winked, putting a finger to his lips in the universal sign of keeping silent. "When you defeat a leader, these will no longer work for you."

Makes sense. No one would want to waste their time, especially since they wouldn't need advice anyways, Lilith thought.

"And finally, Exhibit C." Jan led Lilith and Bella to the third section. This one had two machines, both looking similar to the PC star, but with a red and gold star on top, respectively, instead of a green one.

"These are healing stars." Jan told them. "Gold stars can be used as many times as you want, but red ones are one time use only."

'I see. You've explained their uses, but may you please explain how to use them as well?' Bella asked.

Jan froze. "A-Ah, I forgot didn't I? Damn you Amanda, why'd you leave this to me?" He muttered.

So that's why he was knew no one explained it to me. Lilith remarked halfheartedly. Amanda ditched work.

"All right, you see this slit?" He pointed at one near the middle of the pole. "Just slip in your trainer card. You do have one of them, right?"

'Correct.' Bella replied.

"The machine reads your card, and then it will connect to your personal PC. That's especially important for the Remote PC, otherwise, we would have a lot of problems involving people's Pokémon disappearing." Jan grumbled under his breath. "Well, anyways, that's all I wanted to show you. You may test these machines out to your leisure. I need to go though, so... good luck out there!" He waved, ducking out of the room, seemingly laughing to himself a little.