Chapter 2

A/N: This chapter is for my friend Gail: I remembered :D

Chapter 2

Kirstie slams her dorm room door behind her and dropping her bags slumps down against it.

Her roommate Gail looks up from her laptop frowning a little at Kirstie, "What's wrong?"

"I got kicked out of the Warblers," she mumbles, her head buried in her arms, lent on her knees.

"What? Why?"

"Because I'm a girl, and Hunter's an ass," she sighs looking up at her roommate.

"And you're only just realising that now?" Gail raises an eyebrow.

"Are you being sarcastic on the girl thing or just right about the Hunter thing?" Kirstie asks with a laugh.

"Both," she says with an as straight face as she can manage, before laughing along with Kirstie. "No but seriously what happened?"

Kirstie sighs, "Hunter decided that the Warblers were going in a different direction, no girls and no one

overweight or eats too much. So I'm a girl and I eat too much, I was out. Then

to top it all off Scott was the one who told me to leave... you know: the guy I

thought was my best friend."

"That's really harsh, and I don't know what else to say except they suck and you don't need them anyways," Gail shrugs with a small smile. "You could always join another group, you're super talented one of them will snap you up so fast."

"Nah, I don't think I could, it wouldn't be the same without Scott, and it just wouldn't... I don't know I just don't want to."

"Fine then, just don't waste your talents Kirstie."

Kirstie rolls her eyes, trying not to laugh, "I'm not wasting my talents I'm just going to take some me time."

"Kirstie that's what every girl says in the movie then by the next week she's met some cute guy that she never would have thought she'd fall for because she'd never seen him as cute until she realises just how nice he is," she talks quickly.

"How many movies do you watch?"

"Too many, but that's not the point. Me time is always code for something else."

Kirstie shakes her head, "Not this time. Trust me after Hunter it's going to be really hard to be attracted to any guy ever again."

...qdq...dqd...

Scott was making his way to class, quickly: he was running late as usual. And he knew he was going to be even later when he spotted Kirstie. He power walks towards, trying to act a bit stupid as he nears her to see if he got a laugh to make sure they were alright.

They weren't.

As soon as she saw him she ducked around a building, he knew she didn't go down there normally. She was actively trying to avoid him, so with a determined mind-set he breaks into a jog and follows her, catching her in no time.

"Kirstie! Wait please, we need to talk!" he calls after her, breaking into a run as she does. The both of them fully sprinting across the large lawn now.

Kirstie just about runs into a guy carrying a large instrument case. Narrowly missing him she apologises as she continues running.

Scott however does run into him, they both stumble a bit and he watches out after Kirstie, sighing as she disappears. "Damn it... And sorry," he apologises to the guy.