Chapter 26

A/N: So this was not updated when I wanted it to be, I said Saturday's and it will be, it's just that for the past few days I haven't had internet because we ran out, we've only ever used up all of it once and that was because our printer was wireless and stupid and sucking up all the internet trying to connect... anyways we don't know what happened this time we just really don't want to have it happen again, it was horrible.

Enough of that, please enjoy the belated chapter :)

Chapter 26

Avi and Kevin finish off the last bit of Born to be Wild with tough looks that turn into smiles with a group's first 100 per cent perfect run through, vocals wise, the choreography needed work.
Kirstie steps up next to Kevin, pulling him into a spot, then reaches over to grab Avi's sleeve then pushes him back a little, "We need to be centred so that everyone can be seen."
"Fair point," Kevin nods, "We just don't have quite enough time to cross over in that little bit near the end. I'm thinking one more beat?"
"Okay, let's just run that, coreo and all and see how it looks, Scott nods, step back up the practice step, Kirstie and Mitch follow him, and all hold up imaginary microphones.
"Or you know, give us a minute to catch our breath," Avi raises an eyebrow.

Kirstie walks up gingerly beside Avi, leaning on his shoulders she lifts her foot up for a moment then placing it down lifts the other one up.
"Kirst, if your shoes are hurting, change them. I'll run upstairs for you if you need?"
Kirstie shakes her head, "No way, one more performance and they're off... until tomorrow, but we've only got one performance tomorrow. All morning free of these stilts then I get to be the same height as you for all of 10 minutes."
"Although it's country, and those shoes are very city," he chuckles.
"That's very true, I might have to reconsider giving my feet an entire day off from them," she says looking down at her feet. "The only reason my feet hurt so much is because I kept them on to rehearse, but I don't want to trip on stage, so," she shrugs, stepping around Avi as Kevin makes his way over to them.
"We just found out who got the five point advantage for the next round going into eliminations after rock," Kevin talks quickly.
"Who?" Kirstie asks wide eyed, taking a further step closer to him. "If it's the Warblers I'm gonna die!"
"It's not them."
"New Directions? Vocal Adrenaline?" Avi asks.
Kevin shakes his head.
"Well you're not smiling so it's not us," Avi frowns.
Kirstie grabs Kevin's shoulders, lightly shaking him, "WHO??"
"It got split, two and a half to both Acoustikats and some unknown group... Pentatonix," he trails off trying not to smile as Kirstie and Avi turn to each other with huge grins on their faces.
"Oh my gosh!" Kirstie squeals, jumping up and down on the spot, then pulling both Avi and Kevin into a tight hug. "Do Scott and Mitch know?" she asks as she spots the duo walking towards them.
"I don't know," Kevin replies with a big unhidden grin now on his face.
"Then let's reign it in and do what you did to us," she nods quickly, still clutching to both of them, a hand on each of their arms as she turns around to look at Scott and Mitch. "Hey guys," she says with a half-smile.
"Heeeeeelloooooo," they both call out then laugh at the fact they had both done it sing-song-y.
"Did you guys hear about the five point advantage?" Scott asks.
Kirstie's small smile drops and she turns back to Kevin and Avi, "Damn it, they know."
"So we didn't win then?" Mitch asks sadly.
"I don't know," Scott tells him in the same sad tone.
"Aww, I can't even drag it out with you guys," Kirstie tells them sweetly, "We tied with Acoustikats and got two and a half points taking us to eliminations before scoring," she grins.
The group all start cheering and celebrating together, hugging each other and smiles staying on their faces.

Pentatonix watch the Warblers performance from backstage, since they were up next. They were all sat on the set of stairs that would be set up for their performance.
"Jeez their bass is like when Kirstie was trying to imitate me the other day," Avi chuckles, looking up behind himself at Kirstie.
She laughs, "I know right, it just wasn't happening."
"The worst part is, they have two of them," Scott interjects, leaning closer to Avi to talk. "Then don't get me started on the beatboxer, they've got one but they'd need about four more to get even close to Kev," he lightly punches the arm of the man beside him.
"And to think, y'all only found out because Avi over heard me a couple of times. I never intended to perform in front of anyone."
"Besides the cello," Scott nods before his eyes widen then he stands up excitedly, "After this is finished, whether we win or lose we should make a YouTube for us and we can make videos all the time, it'll be awesome, we could even do one or two where Kev plays the cello? It's not technically A Capella but- Whoa!" he stops as their stairs start moving, with the five of them still on it, Scott immediately sits back down when Kirstie clutches onto his hand.
"We just have to go back to get the microphones now," Avi says as he jumps off midway and dashes back stage once more, Mitch follows suit, being more hesitant about the jump though and stumbling slightly on landing, it was lucky the curtains were closed.
The other three stay seated until the stairs have stopped moving and are locked into place.
"I absolutely would have thought they'd tell us to get off before they moved it," Scott says seriously to Kirstie.
"Yep," Kirstie nods as she and Scott finally release hands and stand up, following Kevin off.
Avi and Mitch walk back on stage with the five microphones, being careful to hand the right ones to the right person.
"Just whatever you do, don't drop your mic Avi," Kevin says seriously, and then bursts out laughing. Scott, Mitch and Avi all join in then abruptly stop as Kirstie casts her glare upon each of them.
"I told you we are never to mention that again!" she says acidly as she places in her ear piece and stalks off behind the staircase and into position.

A/N: And I presume you all know how that performance goes, and if you don't... why? Just why, luckily I put it up the top anyways :D So if you haven't watched it, watch it and if you have then you can watch it again!