Chapter 12

A/N: 12 days is too many days! The thing is the next one is written, I wrote it months ago lol I just had to get there :D

Chapter 12

Scott leans his head against Kirstie's shoulder, a pout on his face and his eyes squeezed shut. "You're never going to believe what I just got," he mumbles into the fabric of her shirt.
"What?" Kirstie asks, not taking her eyes off her phone screen, her and Mitch messaging back and forth, her phone constantly dinging.
"An invitation... the invitation."
Kirstie looks up slowly, her eyes widening, she drops her phone to look at her best friend, sitting him up, "No."
"Yes," Scott says with a groan, "And we have to go."
"We can't... there's just.... We can't," Kirstie shakes her head.
"I know we can't, but we have to. It was fun last year but this year is under entirely different circumstances."
"Last year we were a part of the best A Capella group at the school, this year we're part of one that can't even string one performance together," she flops back on the couch they were sitting on.
Scott joins her, looking just as defeated. "Despite the fact that we're going to be laughed out of the place, we're gonna have to break it to the boys, we're going to the UCLA Annual A Capella Party."

...qdq...dqd...

"Oh no, no I think you've gotten me confused with someone who actually goes to parties." Avi shrugs, briefly glancing at Kirstie before back down at his laptop.
Kirstie slides into the seat next him. "It's kinda compulsory."
"And I kinda don't do parties, as if I wasn't already clear on that."
"Avi!"
"Shusssh."
Avi and Kirstie both look up at the librarian then back to their tasks at hand, Kirstie: Avi and Avi: his laptop.

Mitch and Scott were waiting outside the medical studies building for Kevin. Mitch was staring at his phone, Scott was fidgeting and looking about around them.
"Do you reckon Kevin's a party kind of guy?"
Mitch almost snorts as he slowly looks up at Scott with an eyebrow raised. "How many medical majoring cellists are party people Scott?"
Scott shrugs, "I don't know, Kevin's the only one of them I've ever met."
"And he's the only one we need to know, to know that they're not party people."
"He might just surprise us, you never know."
"And if he's anything like Avi, you know his best friend, then we're in trouble. I just got a distress text from Kirstie, looks like that's not going so well..."

"Please?"
"No."
"Please?"
"No."
"Please?"
"No."
"I can go all day."
"Well I'm really good at saying no so don't make plans."
"I've never really been the type to plan ahead."

"Well Kirstie's persuasive, I have faith in her," Scott nods, giving Mitch a half smile.
Mitch smirks, "That's true, I mean she got Avi to join the group didn't she, like that," he snaps his fingers, "All she has to do is... well that again and voila!" He jumps from his spot as someone passes them, their head in a book. "Oh Kevin!" he says in a sing song voice.
Scott steps up beside Kevin, putting an arm around his shoulders, "How's it going? Good, that's good, so we have this thing on Saturday that you have to go to, we do to, it's a total drag but compulsory... you in?"
Kevin looks between Scott and Mitch.

"Avi what do I have to do to get you to go?" Kirstie scrambles along behind him as they leave the library after one shush to many.
"Why do you want to go?"
"You think I do? After what happened? Avi... no way, I absolutely so not want to face any of those people again after last Saturday," she runs around in front of him, stopping him, her hands pressed against his chest. "I absolutely so not want to go, but we have to. It's final sign off for the competition and every member has to be there."
Avi sighs, "But I don't want to compete anymore."
"What?" she steps back dropping her hands, surprised.
"I don't want to compete Kirstie, we were made fools of and I don't want that to happen again."
"It won't," she stresses.
Avi looks at her in complete disbelief, "Kirstie you were the one..." she cuts him of, holding up a hand.
"I know what I did, that was just an overreaction. It won't happen again."
"You don't know that."

"Alright, I'll go if Avi goes, I won't enjoy it, but I'll go."
"Damn it," Mitch mutters to himself.
"What if Avi said he'd only go if you were going?" Scott asks.
Kevin laughs, "Yeah Avi would never say that, he doesn't do parties."
"Then why would you say that if you knew he wouldn't go?" Scott asks with a frown.
"Because I don't want to go," Kevin starts to walk a little quicker.
"It's compulsory though Kev, if we're going to compete then we have to go. There's a comp sign-up sheet that comes around at some point, all of us have to be there. I promise that as soon as we sign the sheet we'll leave."
Kevin stops with a sigh, turning to face them. "Fine, I'll go, but just saying good luck getting Avi there. He doesn't even want to compete anymore." He turns around walking off towards his dorm, Scott and Mitch don't follow after him this time.

Kirstie pinches the bridge of her nose as she stops to think. She takes a deep breath as she looks back up at the frustrated Avi.
"Close your eyes."
"Why?"
"Just do it!"
Avi snaps his eyes shut.
"Okay now hold out your hands in front of you," she tells him calmly. As he stretches out his hands she takes them in her own, pressing their palms together then interlocking their fingers, she closes her own eyes.
"What are you doing?" Avi asks with the hint of a laugh in his voice.
"Trying to transfer good energy, now I don't have much so you're gonna have to build on what I give you."
"You're joking," Avi laughs, opening his eyes, but not letting his hands down.
Kirstie opens her own eyes smiling up at him, "Completely, but it made you laugh," she pulls away one of her hands to point at him, earning a shy smile from Avi as he looks down.

A/N: I do promise that it won't take me 13 days to get chapter 13 up here. I hope you guys liked it, though you still don't know what happened in that performance haha!

Please vote and comment and make my day :)