Chapter 2

This time, the dream has not repeated. You half expected it to do it again, but to your relief, you had a good dreamless nap before you'd eventually get up and visit your great grandfather. Then later, you might have to change your plans and do some research for your project.

Being in the last year of highschool put pressure on you. You don't want to fail your classes and disappoint yourself, but you don't want to be a 10 student all the time, or a nerd, more or less. You couldn't care less what your parents think about your grades and frankly, neither do they now.

You believed from a young age that grades decently don't define you so why bother crying and stressing yourself over some numbers? You remember how your parents told you that you should change that way of thinking, but you told them that you would rather have a healthy belief than a toxic one just so they can get you to study. After that, they never brought it up again. You were DETERMINED to set boundaries for yourself and those around you.

Even if your grades are above average but not very good either, you would not bat an eyelash if school sucked either. The only reason why you even bother maintaining such a score is to help you get in the class you want for higher studies, and in your opinion, this should be the only reason stress and pressure is allowed.

Although your family does not do very good financially, you have been blessed enough to have more chilled out parents. Although they were pretty busy with providing for you and the family, they tried their best to not throw their trauma at you like you've heard your friend's parents do with them. At least not intentionally to hurt or to scar you. You always appreciated that but at the same time, what you didn't expect is to get ditched by your supposed friends because as they explained it, because you don't have anything really traumatic and worth talking about, they can't bond with you and therefore they don't want to hang around with you because you don't understand.

The memory brings a sour taste to your mouth as you remember clearly telling them that it's not entirely true because it doesn't take much for your to try and put yourself in their shoes. Even if it's not the same you'd be happy to listen to their problems, but they still refused and that is how you ended up being quiet a loner the past years. People wouldn't bother your and you wouldn't bother them. It was the most idiotic reason one could come up with and you're pretty sure now it was because how weird of a child you were.

You became invisible at school when you wanted to be and you had no problem using it to your advantage.

Checking the weather again, you put on your hoodie and speed out the door. You decided to take your skateboard to get there a tad bit faster as your great grandpa's house is situated down the road on a lower hill.

Letting gravity and the law of of physics do their thing, you take the moment to calm yourself down and enjoy the ride.

"Boo."

You shriek and barely manage to catch yourself before you could plant your face on the pavement below you.

Laughter catches your ears and you turn to look back and to your annoyance, it's your project partner on his bike.

"I scared you good, didn't I?"

You slow down to a stop and he does the same.

Why is he stopping?

"What? I can't talk to you outside our project?"

This throws you off guard and you consider that might have said that out loud.

"No need to give me that look. We are project buddies so I believe it's natural to get to know you further seeing that we'll be spending more time together. "