Chapter Four

"Okay, so time for vamp lesson number one," I say, causing her to laugh. "Running." I can't help but smile as I watch her face light up.

"How do I run?" She asks as she bounces up and down slightly from excitement. I chuckle softly.

"Its like normal running, except you'll need to put more power behind your step," "Just follow your instincts,"

With that, before I even have a chance to start running, she's off and I have to follow behind her.

We stop at the bar that Hayley's and Hannah's daughters Brooklyn and Natalie own. Once Lauren gains her balance after she stops running, we go inside. We wave to Brooklyn as we walk in and then sit ourselves down at one of the tables.

"What do we do now?" She asks me.

"We wait until we find someone to feed on, they can't be too young or too old," I start "Adam and I usually go for people who are travelling in pairs," I explain As we're waiting for someone to walk by I explain the feeding etiquette. I explain we should be calm and comforting and make the feeding process as painless as possible.

"What if they're a criminal?" She asks, and I chuckle.

"If they aren't hurting anyone when you find them, the same rules apply," I start. "If they are hurting other people, give them what they deserve."

As I am watching the crowd until I can find a suitable candidate, I can't help but notice that Lauren is wincing in pain every time she swallows.

"How are you feeling?" I ask

"My throat is sore. I thought vampires couldn't get sick,"

"That means you're hungry, and not for food," "We'll find someone soon, promise."

Eventually, we see two young men enter the bar. They walk past us before sitting down at the bar. By the looks of it, they are twins. Brooklyn starts to serve them, so I get Lauren's attention.

"See those two guys over there?" I ask, quickly glancing in their direction so Lauren can see who I'm talking about. She nods and we stand up and start walking towards him.

"Follow my lead," I whisper, so only she can hear me. I sit up at the bar and Lauren sits next to me.

"Boys, these are my friends, Megan and Lauren," Brooklyn introduces. "Megan, Lauren, these are my friends Mark and Tyler," she says, giving me a knowing look.

"Do they know?" I ask her telepathically, and she nods her head. "Are they open to being fed on? I want to give Lauren some practice?" She nods her head again. Even though she isn't a wolf, I can project my thoughts into her head. She just can't project her thoughts into mine. Lauren looks confused, and I explain the situation to her.

"They know about vampires," I explain and she looks at me wide-eyed. I hear the men chuckle behind me.

"Don't worry," Mark says "We won't tell anyone," he reassures her "and we're more than open to being a meal," He continues. When she looks at him, confused, he explains that Brooklyn told them the reason we were here.

We chat with them until they finish the food and soda they ordered. Then they ask where we would like to feed and I take them to where Adam taught me how to feed.

"Do you guys do this often?" I ask, trying to make conversation when I hear the heartbeat speed up because of nervousness.

"Yeah," Tyler starts "We have a condition that causes our bodies to create too much blood, we met Brooklyn when we went to college as all three of us were studying business and one day we found her drinking from a blood bag," He continues. They go on to explain that Brooklyn told them about vampires and they asked her if she would be open to taking their blood so they didn't have to be poked with needles every week. She said yes, so now every couple of weeks they come to town for Brooklyn to take some of their blood.

"Who wants to go first?" I ask, and Mark takes off his jacket. I instruct Lauren to watch. I then turn back to Mark. "She's new to the vampire thing, okay, so I'm going to show her how to do it if the person she was feeding off of was someone off the street, but I won't wipe your memory after, okay?" he nods. "Don't worry, I'll be gentle, I promise," I reassure him. I gently place my hand on his shoulder and his heart rate spikes and his face goes white as a sheet.

"Mark you're okay," Tyler says "She's not going to hurt you,"

"He's right. In fact, you won't feel a thing, promise."

"Sorry I don't know why I am so nervous," He says and I give him a gentle smile.

"It's alright, I completely understand you've only done this with Brooklyn and now a complete stranger is about to bite into your neck." This causes him to chuckle as his face regains some colour. He tells me he's ready and I make eye contact with him.

"I want you to relax for me and stay still. You will feel nothing, I promise," I say, my voice soft and hypnotic, and when his eyes glaze over slightly, I know that he's hypnotized. 

Once he's hypnotized, I carefully sink my fangs into his neck and start drinking. It takes a little longer than usual before his heart rate changes. When I hear that change, I remove my fangs.

"All finished," I say, making sure the hypnosis has warn off.

I bite into my wrist and give him some of my blood to heal the wound. I can tell he is feeling woozy from my saliva.

"He's sensitive to the sedative," His brother tells me and I nod. I gently guide him to sit on the ground, before showing Lauren the best place to bite on the neck and the wrist. I watch then as she repeats the same process that I did and I guide her to listen to the heartbeat. When she is finished, she heals the wound and we then bring them back inside with Brooklyn. We thank them and then we decide to go back to the house.

When we get back, Adam is on the phone with someone, and my parents are talking to Zach and Rose.

"How was it?" Zach asks me as Lauren goes to sit on the couch. I take off my shoes and get comfortable next to Adam on the loveseat. He wraps his arm around my shoulders as he continues talking on the phone.

"Amazing," she starts. "We met Brooklyn's friends," she says

"Mark and Tyler?" He asks and she nods.

Adam hangs up the phone and looks at me.

"Are you still up for a world tour?" He asks and I nod.

"That was one of my friends in France. She offered us a place to stay," He explains. He then turns to Lauren. "Mya and Melanie are also coming if you want to stay with them at Marie's place.

"Who's Marie?" She asks.

"The local witch,"

She nods excitedly and then I turn to my parents.

"You're eighteen now Meg. Go have fun. We'll be here when you get back."

"You'll take care of them?" I ask Zach and Rose and they nod.

"When would we leave?" I ask.

"Tomorrow," Adam says

"Well then, let's get packing because we're going to France," I say excitedly