Chapter 34 (It's a Date then!)

"I dreamt about him last night, I don't remember what it was about, I just it was wonderful." Anne gushed to Serra as they were heading to class.

"Aww I'm so flattered you're even starting to dream about me, what did you dream Anna banana?" Marco suddenly popped out of nowhere, as usual surprising the girls with his needling.

"I-I... uhm... n-nothing! Whatever! Bye!" Anne blushed, her mouth went dry. Damn you Marco Seo. She cursed under her breathe. Things got so awkward for Anne, Serrra actually thought it was funny. She smirked, "Leave her alone Rastah man!" she punched his arm.

Marco giggled. "There's nothing to be embarrassed though. I dream about you even in my waking hours!" he announced shamelessly. The girls giggled, "Keep dreaming dude!" Serra joked lightly, the girls high five each other. "Well, bye Marco! Have a great day!" Anastasia waved at him.

Marco's heart burst with happiness. "Byeeee! I love you!!!" he could not stop grinning. "Oh shoot!" he suddenly remembered he was supposed to ask Anne out today after school, but because he got distracted by seeing her, he forgot. A light bulb lit up. He thought of a great idea to get her attention, he just prayed it would work out.

***

"Miss Greene, what are your thoughts on this?" their teacher asked Anastasia. My thoughts is that I want to change seat. Why do I have to suffer though all year being seatmate with Alexander? "Miss Greene?" her teacher called her again.

Anne came back to reality and sighed. "To have loved and lost, Ma'am." She said under her breath.

"And why is that this Miss Greene?"

It's my prerogative Ma'am, that's why. She sighed in her mind, trying her best to bit down the sarcastic remark. "Well I think life no matter how tragic it is; the reason why it's still worth living it's because of love. History has taught us that."

"But also because of love, there is stupidity and irrational emotion. That's why there is Helen and Troy." Alexander suddenly remarked.

Anne glared at him. Why won't you just shut up? She gritted. "Well what about the quote, what is your stand on this Mister Morris?" their teacher was curious at what was happening.

"To have never loved at all."

"And why is that?"

"Because ma'am..."

"Start with "it's" because, never start with just because." Their teacher corrected him; she looked all stern with her huge frame glasses against her pointy nose and wrinkled skin. She walked to and fro in the class, observing them like a hawk.

"It's because Ma'am..." he revised his sentence. "When you love you get hurt, and when a person gets hurt he is now a person of his own feelings. One must be above that to conquer the world."

Their teacher was delighted. "It seems to me you watch too many war movies, Mister Morris. But that's a good sign that my students actually think. Good."

Anne looked at Alexander and he looked at her. That was when she knew that he never really loved her as much as she loved him; their connection broke when the intercom suddenly sparked to life for an announcement. "Is this thing even working?"

Anne frowned when she hear Marco's irritated voice, asking the controller. The man sighed heavily at his idiocy. "Yes Marco. In fact the whole school is already listening to you right now." The class broke into fits of laughter.

"Oh, right." Marco cleared his throat, "Hello teachers, classmates and my Anna banana. I just want to ask you, yes you lucky girl! Miss Anastasia Kedreo Greene, if you could go out with me later to the cinema?"

"Ohhhh" their classmates exclaimed.

"Class be quiet!" their teacher slammed the table to silence them, meanwhile Anne blushed to the roots of her hair, to the very tip of her toes.

"So since I figured I can't hear you answer right now, I'll go to you personally." The intercom went off, the class teased Anastasia. Alexander rolled his eyes at the cheesiness of his cousin. After five minutes, all eyes were on Marco as he coolly stood by the class' door. Marco waltzed into the room with a bouquet on his hand. The girls went wild, almost throttling one another with their envy.

Anastasia felt like she was the luckiest girl in the world. Marco slid his hand through his red gorgeous hair, making him look even more irresistible. "Give time and effort to fall in-love with Anna. I promise, you won't regret it." he begged. Anne remained dumbfounded, he continued. "What are you so afraid of? Maybe it's because you know you might actually fall hard for me right?"

She gaped at him unbelievably. "I thought you're done chasing me? That's what you said in the canteen the last time." She reminded him, his persistence was unbelievable.

He sighed. "I've tried playing hard to get, it just doesn't suit me. I'm the type of guy who runs after the girl and not the other way around." He could feel Alexander go tense at the latter part of his speech.

Marco grinned, walked towards her and gave her a flower. "Now if you'll say yes to the date, please eat the flower." He suggested.

Anne was outraged. "Are you stupid or something? How can I eat-" then she looked at the flower. She was surprised to find out it was not your typical bouquet, instead I contained French fries and the other half is an assortment of various chocolates of; toblerone, kit-kat caramel, small boxes of guylan, snicker, Cadbury and Hershey. She was impressed. That was pretty original. He just scored one point.

At that moment Marco wanted to give himself a pat on the shoulder for being such a genius, especially when she picked a piece of French fries and ate it--affirming her answer. Marco smiled, "It's a date then!"