Chapter 7 - Dinner

"Is it okay with you, (y/n)?"

Slowly turning your gaze to Cordelia, you hesitantly nodded and looked back to Mildred who gave you a shy smile. You squinted your eyes a little and glared at her.

Mildred still smiled as she offered her car, but you insisted. "Your car will be fine here", she said and walked to her car.

"How do I go here tomorrow?", you complained as you follow both of them right at the door of the car.

She entered the driver seat and looked up to you, smiling.

"I'll drive you here to the hospital"

Then she closed the door car leaving you staring at her face. Cordelia slightly tug your wrist and motion you to enter the back seat. You gladly entered the car and make yourself feel relax but you couldn't just do it.

You unconsiously lay down your head on Cordelias' lap. "Tired?", she wispered. Nodding your head, her hands tangled around your hair moving it up and down.

Mildred looked at the both of you through the mirror and saw the tiredness of your eyes. She felt guilty asking you to have dinner with them knowing she caused that feeling of yours.

She cleared her throat to gain the attention of the both you, but you're already sleeping. "Sorry if I bothered (y/n), she seems pretty tired", Mildred slowly said as she observed your tired figure.

Cordelia softly shake her head, "We can leave her right here if you want?". Mildred nodded and looked back at the road. Seeing the buildings, the familiar sight of the road gives Mildred peace inside and felt more relax.

All of you arrived safely at this elegant restaurant. Only few people are present inside, almost the sound of plates and forks can be heard.

"(y/n)", Cordelia said.

Gaining no response from you, she rubbed your back and called your name again. This caused you to move slightly and open your eyes, seeing her beautiful orbs looking at you.

"We're here. You want to join us inside or just rest here?", she asked while rubbing your hair gently.

You stood up balancing yourself on your arms, Cordelia can see the exhaustion in the way you move so she moved you down gently. You looked up to her confused and was about to say something but she gave you that look.

"You already knew each other. Stay here and rest, we can have our dinner together", Cordelia said sternly.

Mildred just watched everything. The way Cordelia commanded you to stay and gladly obeying her, she asked herself if the two of you are closer than what Cordelia said earlier.

Minutes have passed and the two women went inside the restaurant leaving you sleeping inside the car. Now, Mildred have a chance now to ask about the relationship between the two of you.

"If you don't mind, can I ask about the two of you?", Mildred inquired while choosing her order.

Cordelia glanced up to her and gave her full attention. She looked outside, specifically the car you're in, she think of an answer but words can't seem to come out of her mouth.

"Uhm", she hummed.

"We're just really close friend—", Cordelia said in a rushed tone. "—really close friend. Plus I'm much older than her that's why maybe you thought of something", she added and nervously laughed.