Chapter 23 - Skipped a Beat

A/N📌: happy holidays everyone! As a gift, I give you this chapter, sorry it took me long enough to update. I will try my best to update more, happy reading <3

———

The ride was eerily quite but just right between the two of you as you felt comfortable being with Mildred.

She took you to this fancy restaurant, few people are inside which makes it more good considering you don't like crowded places. Placing your order, the two of you just sit there looking into each other until Mildred spoke.

"Where did you go earlier", she asked softly.

You looked at her like you were some deer that got caught at the middle of the road. Although her voice never intended to confront you, still, you felt like she's confronting you about it. You suddenly looked down and fiddle with your hands which raise a suspicion on Mildred.

"(y/n)", she called, her voice got a little firmer this time. She never uses my name. You knew you're in big trouble tonight but you can't risk making this date bad.

"I'm not angry, dear", Mildred clarified, smiling as you looked right into her eyes. You took a deep sigh, "To Cordelia", you carefully whispered. Oh. Mildred thought, not expecting that statement. Swallowing a lump in her throat, she held and intertwined her hands with yours.

"Care to tell me what happened earlier?", she inquired. What a surprise indeed, Mildred doesn't feel pissed off by hearing her name, or let alone the thought of (y/n) going to her house. She felt curious. "I just fixed some things", you then heavily sighed.

"Okay", Mildred whispered, a reassuring smile on her face. Sure, she will let go of this for the mean time but she will surely ask you again about what clearly happened earlier.

After about an hour, the two of you went out to get some fresh air. You could see all the lights coming from the city, the location of the restaurant is a perfect spot to see the city lights. As the cold air hits your skin, your sight went to Mildred who is also admiring the scenery. Her eyes sparkles causing a small smile to appear on your face, admiring the woman in front of you.

"Wow"

"The city, It's beautiful, right?"

"No..I–I mean wow—"

Mildred looked at you, puzzled. You on the other hand, mesmerized by her face. The way the soft lights from afar hits her delicate skin, the softness and sharpness of every part of her perfect face— a goddess, indeed.

"You're so..."

Then all of a sudden she let out a giggle, amazed by your reaction.

"All this time, the reaction was for me?"

You were silent.

"Wow.."

Mildred laughed making your face filled with embarrasment. "I'm sorry, I was loo—No! I was admiring you...the city!", you rushed out the words, quickly looking at the city. "The city, it looks pretty up here", biting your lip as you finish your sentence, hoping she didn't notice what you were going to say.

Mildred looked at you in awe, smiling to herself. How did I got so lucky. She touched your hair and pat it softly making you look up, with cheeks flushed. "You're so cute", Mildred innocently whispered looking at your eyes down to your lips but eventually bringing her sight to your eyes. The hand on your hair went to your cheeks and lightly caressed it, kissing the side of your lips after.