† 𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊 †

†|We're not in love
We share no stories
Just something in your eyes

Don't be afraid
The shadows know me
Let's leave the world behind

Take me through the night
Fall into the dark side
We don't need the light
We'll live on the dark side
I see it
Let's feel it
While we're still young and fearless
Let go of the light
Fall into the dark side|† Darkside- Alan Walker||

I couldn't breath.

It felt as though a gaping hole that I'd patched over so many years ago had reopened, exposing the truth I'd tried to cover with a façade of cruelty. Emotions flooding through the gap with such force, it felt as though my heart would be ripped out of my chest with the strength of it.

"I..I don't understand..." I whispered. "You died. You left and never came back—"

"But I'm here now." He muttered, cupping my jaw with his gloved hand, his masked face revealing no hint of emotion. But his voice...

My breath shook as I lifted a trembling hand, carefully taking his gloved hand off of my face, pushing away. "I'm sorry, but....I don't think I can–"

Obito growled, grabbing my wrist. The crimson glow of the sharingan just visible through the hole of his mask. I flinched, unable to supress it.

"You can't what?"

I struggled, trying to wiggle free of his firm grip. But despite his strength, the feeling of his fingers against my tiny wrist was gentle, almost as though there were a thousand words he wished to say but couldn't seem to form their sounds.

It was true, I didn't want to fear him, but this Obito....if he really was the same person I knew all those years ago...yet he wasn't. This Obito had been warped by years of pain and blood as I had been. Left with nothing but a heart in tatters and no home to call our own.

But was this really..?

"How can I know?" My voice came out barely above a whisper. "How can I know it really is you? The Obito I knew died under that rock. Even if you did survive..." I trailed off, but I realized he understood.

He understood all too well.

Obito released his grip on my wrist, my skin suddenly feeling cold and empty without his touch. He cast his gaze to the floor, slowly raising a gloved hand to the orange mask that had become his sheild. His way to keep his heart away from the world.

"How can you know?" He chuckled darkly, his sharingan glowing bright as ever. "You know as well as I.....I might have Obito's face..." He gripped the mask slowly lowering it from his face. I gasped, my breath leaving my lungs as shock hit me like a punch punch the gut. The face I had known and possibly  come to love—

Obito looked back at me, his scarred face contorted in a crazed smile.

"I might have Obito's face, but I have the soul of a monster."

I should have known then. Should have known that what I did next turned me down a path of no return. But the heart is a powerful thing, and those who learn to ignore its calling, shutting themselves off from its cries are wise. However.....

There are those who can not ignore it. Cannot ignore the screams of a love to powerful to be vanquished. To strong to die out, raging like a great fire. Those who cannot shut out that love....

Are doomed. Doomed to pain, doomed to sorrow....

And some are doomed.....

To death.