𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕴 †|𝕬 𝕷𝖎𝖋𝖊 𝕺𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙|†

ᴍᴀɴʏ ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴇᴀʀʟɪᴇʀ...

Nariko's pov~

I skipped through the streets of Konaha, making my way through the crowds to our meeting spot. The sun beat down overhead, making the already sweltering summer day even hotter. Not a single cloud dotted the bright blue sky overhead, but even if it had been cloudy, nothing would douse my mood.

Obito and I had designated the big tree in front of the Academy as our meeting place the first day of the Academy months ago. Many days had been spent sense then, taking turns flying on the swing that hung from one of the boughs. Discussing plans for the future that lay ahead of us once we graduated from the academy.

Well, once Obito graduated that is...

I picked up my speed, my bright white hair streaming behind me as I ran, passerby staring at me. It had always been known to me that I wasn't particularly liked. My appearance was enough to cause villagers to be wary, and I'd simply shown up in the Village one day with no credentials and nothing to live on. If Minato and Kushina hadn't taken me in.....I would've been dead long before now. Especially sense the rest of the village wanted nothing to do with me, and probably would have thrown me out the gates ages ago.

But I didn't think about that. I didn't want too.

My feet kicked up dust as I ran, sweat trickling down my back from the heat. I hope Obito remembered...he promised ice cream stuffed mochi....A smile spread across my face. Knowing him he'd probably forgotten, he always forgot everything, every time responding with that brilliant smile of his, apologizing over and over. He always let me down....but he always knew how to make it up to me.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed, crashing headlong into a lamp post, my head splitting in two as my eyes watered. "Stupid—"

"Nariko, be careful!" Fumiko-san scolded, carrying her basket of fruits to the market. "You'll hurt yourself if you keep carrying on like that."

"Gomen, Fumiko-san..." I nodded, rubbing my throbbing forehead. "I'll be more careful!"

Fumiko-san opened her mouth, probably about to scold me some more, but I was already off, too excited to find Obito to wait. I didn't slow down either, completely unconcerned with my injury, or any possible ones from future obstacles either.

My feet pounded the dust, my hair flying in the wind. The birds soared overhead, the Academy building soon coming into view. A few other kids loitered in front of it, the building becoming a popular spot for a hangout as of late. But I paid little attention to them. Little attention to the whispers floating around as they glared at me.

I only had eyes for one thing.

The big tree stood over to the corner of the school yard, the leafy canopy caring caring cooling shade over the dusty ground. My heart sank as I saw the swing hanging from the boughs empty, before laughing at myself for my foolishness. As if Obito would ever wait for me. The idiot was always late, spinning up some tale of old ladies needing shopping taken care of, but I knew that wasn't true.

Ever since I saw his mother....what she did....

I skipped over to the swing, my hair swinging against my back as I made my way over to the swing, plopping down on it.

And began to wait.

◇◆◇

Obito's pov~

I ran down the street panting as panick rushed over me. Damn it! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late....damn it! Nariko....

But she knew me. I was always late. Just not for the reasons she knew.