The Séance

Next day, they planned to make a floor plan themselves, which itself to be unfruitful as it was practically blank. It was only with great effort that the corner of the Dining Room, the Base and the living quarters were drawn.

It appears that it was some very tiring tasks to do, after all, it's only in the evening, just before the sundown, that they finally managed to return to the Base. Meanwhile, they encountered diverse difficulties, as the rooms were constructed oddly, which made them remeasure several times, to make sure that they didn't make an error.

At one point, they met Imura-san (the Abbot) who gave them the elder speech, but was quickly shot down by Yasuhara-san who made fun of him, and made them burst out in laughter. (Just remember to not provoke other people also, please respect your elders, if they are worth it, of course~!)

While, they were completely absorbed in eating, somebody addressed the SPR: it was the professor Igarashi Chie of the National Defence Academy of Japan. She invited them to a séance held the same night, occurring in a vacant room nearby, to which Yasuhara-san as the substitute, accepted.

After courteously bowing her head, she left the Dining Room, and they returned to the base, until the séance was held.

Reviewing the floor plan made, and that they work hard to construct, a mismatch was revealed on the display. Of the one hundred and six rooms, there was an empty space of about three rooms, between the floor-plan and the external measurements. To which to Naru when he seemed to be dissatisfied about the space, the group protested as they are sure that they took all the measurements diligently.

"It's really a thorny problem. Tomorrow repeat the measurements accurately to check." He finally said after thinking about it.

At 9 o'clock, they all gathered at a room that was approximatively 8 tatamis, situated next to the Dining Room. In the room, a round table and a few stools had been moved into the room, with Igarashi sensei and her assistant, Minami-san and Professor Davis, an assisting lady had already gathered.

Turning their heads, they could see that in each corner of the room, four traditional red candles with the Chikafuji siblings standing next to each; the candles linked between them with a thin red thread. To which, they were cautious to not step on. In the dark, the siblings were hard to make out, as the sole thing that they could see from them were the bottom of their clothes, to which they could make some guesses about, who was standing where; though, not accurately.

Minami-san was setting up the camcorder (an ordinary one), as he was supposed to record the séance, but looking at the monitor, he blurted out something completely idiotic. 

"It's a little dark. Can't we have a little more light?" Which made Igarashi sensei glares at him with wide eyes, momentarily stunned.

"What are you saying about increasing the bright—? During the séance, we will only be using candles."

"Eh—? Is that so?" That, of course, revealed that he was not a bright light (pun not intended).

"This matter of course, because the spirits dislike bright lights. That single candle and the candles provided by the Chikafuji will be used. Just that."

"That's really troubling..." He said, seemingly embarrassed, though Igarashi did not stop there.

"Don't you have a night vision camera? I only requested your presence because you said, you had a camera capable of recording the events as evidence." Insisting on the 'only'.

Minami-san's face became ugly, a cord was struck. "No— I didn't bring that this time..." Really?

It was Naru, who suddenly spoke that proposed a solution to that: using the night vision camera own by the SPR.