Chapter 5

Rex's POV

I stared at Dr. Holiday. Was I hearing her right? She said I almost killed her, Bobo and Six? I don't remember anything. I looked at the ceiling, seeing as I was still in restraints. I racked my brain for anything, but I was drawing a blank. That was normal for me, but this was not a good blank. I held my breath. 

I can't believe that I would attack my friends. That wasn't like me.... but neither was them - all three of them - lying to me. Bobo, maybe, but when Six and Holiday say the same, then it had to be true. Plus, they could show me the footage, if they so wish, but they won't need to.... I know they are telling the truth. 

"Rex?" Holiday said my name somewhat carefully. 

"Hmmm?" I glance over to her. "Ummm, y-yes?"

Holiday looks worried, and I feel more guilt rush over me. Maybe she called my name to make sure it was still me. She was worried because I could go all awal again. "Ummm, it's still me..."

"I have no doubt it is.... you did respond to me." Holiday said, sighing. "I am going to run some tests on you. Try to get to the bottom of what happened to you."

"I.... yeah... that's fine... just... get what you need so I don't attack you again." I said slowly. I was worried that while she was doing her tests, I would black out and attack again. Just what could have caused it? I paused and looked at Six. 

"Ummm, I have a question..." I said to the man who arched a brow. 

"Go on." 

"Was there anyone around me when you found me?" 

He paused and was silent before he answered, "No. There was no one. Do you remember someone there?"

"No... well... not quite... I can't explain... I just... suddenly remembered... there was a voice. Someone said my name." I explained. 

"Rex.... no one said that Six found you." Holiday said. 

"You sure? I thought he said he found me?" I tilted my head. "Did he not?"

"He said it to me, but not to you. He simply told you... that you attacked us." Holiday said. "Hmmm, I wonder if you were in this state of consciousness where you thought you were dreaming, but your body was simply reacting?" Holiday threw the idea out there. It was a long shot, but the best one we had.... 

"How do we test that, Doc?" I asked, worried what they might do. Maybe they would put me under with that gas that gives me odd dreams. 

"We can't force anything, otherwise, we might not get the results we want. For now, we will keep an eye on you." 

I nodded my head. "Very well... nothing new, is what I am hearing. I-"

I stopped talking as I suddenly hear a fourth voice. I heard it before... but where. I looked around as it called out to me. 

Rex..... Salazar.....

A/N: Y'all, I think I am losing it. I kept looking at simply spelling words and was wondering if I spelled it right. I had to look up if I spelled 'Fourth' correctly. Like.... I know my memory is bad, but that is not good. It could just be my latest stress.... attack? I don't know. I was working on a different story, randomly rewatched a few episodes of Generator Rex and thought that I might as well update this one. I kinda like this story with how short the chapters are. It means I can just write it in under an hour and still enjoy it. I just wanted to upload something and this was the story I picked to work on to fill my need to write something. I hope you guys like it... despite it being so short. 

~Akira

Posted 5/23/2023