Chapter 6

Six's POV

Holiday had told me that she would be fine running the tests alone while I was to look into the past few missions to see if anything was causing these black outs. It wasn't normal, and the tests that Holiday said she ran, was also coming back normal. 

Looking at the video files, I sat through the footage of when Rex had the first incident. My eyes narrowed in on a distorted part of the video. Wherever this shadow moved, the video seemed to be distorted and glitched in that one spot. Odd. 

I zoomed in on it and the video got worse. Whatever this was, it can't show up on camera or it has a way of breaking the footage. This thing seemed to get close to Rex and that is when he froze. That is when his powers activated and he started to attack the place. A thought crossed my mine. I switched to the footage of just a few hours ago, when Rex lashed out at us and saw the same distortion. 

I sped up the video until I got to the current time in the lab. I stood up quickly. 

Rex was walking towards Holiday, and that blur was there. He had his weapon drawn and aimed at her. It looked like she was trying to calm him down. Grabbing my swords, I had to make it to the lab and fast. 

Once there, I made my way in front of Holiday and shielded her. "Holiday, are you okay?"

"Yes, but Rex, he is-"

"I know. Once things are under control, I will tell you what I-" I pulled Holiday down as Rex swung a mechblade at us. Once we were down, he lowered his weapon and looked around. His eyes, glossed over, and focused on the door. He made his way out. 

"Six... what is going on? Something happened during the tests, I saw the nanites spike and flare up and he was suddenly acting odd again."

"It's something we can't see. I think whatever we are facing, can talk to Rex's Nanites. And it's controlling him. Like that time with his brother. Only instead of a remote signal, it's something close by."

Holiday blinked. "He mentioned hearing a voice... this wouldn't be the first time he has talked to nanites. The time at Paradise base for one thing." 

"Hmm, if we find the source, we find the one in charge and we can help Rex. Maybe we track him and see if he leads us anywhere. He is out of control, and if he hurts anyone, it gives Providence a reason to shut down everything we have down and have an excuse to kill Rex." I said. 

Holiday nodded her head. She looked at the chimp. "Bobo, keep your eyes on him, but if he snaps out of it, do not tell him what we think may have happened."

"Got it."

"Six, keep him safe."

"I will."

A/N: Yeah, I know, I am not great at updating this one, but I may sit down and think of more for this. May rewatch the show again to get more ideas for this. This really is a side story, but I still love this show and the characters. Also, I am going to thank ALVAnyx1111 for this. Left me a comment and gave me a bit of motivation for this chapter. :)

~Akira

Posted: 4/05/2024