Sister, Mister

MORGAN'S POV

"Dani get your dusty ass out of that bed you have school in an hour!!" I yelled at my 16 year old sister who refuses to go to bed early evenwhen she knows she has school the next day.

I used to tell myself it was cause she was waiting for me to get home from night shifts, but we all know the real reasons why teenagers stay up all night is not because of sisterly affection.

" mmmmmmm.....leave me alone" she mumbled into her pillow as she groaned.

I walk into her room when i step into something jelly like. I swear i'm going to lose my shit if she does not clean this room soon enough.

"ALRIGHT THATS IT!" I yell as i yank the duvet cover from her, grab her legs and pull her towards me.

"Get your wrinkled millenial, over exhausted hands off me you freak!" She screams at me right before she kicks me and gets up towering over me.

Shes been doing that since she was 13 and it doesn't help that i'm 5'0 and shes 5'9

"Now listen and listen carefully I just got back from a 13 hour shift and i'm not in the mood for a whiny little bitch. You have school and you are going to go and you're going to be happy about it. So you get your ass into that bathroom clean yourself up and you run, you run like the wind to bus stop, cause im definitely not taking your lazy ass to school!" I say firmly as i head towards her door.

"AND CLEAN UP YOUR ROOM!"

**********

I pack her a PB AND J sandwich with some grapes in a Ziploc bag. I also pack her school bag down cause i know she didnt. i look at the wall clock, its 7:35 and she still hasnt come out from the shower. She is so gonna miss the bus which means I have to drive her to school, great.

School starts at 8:30 so i put her things in my car and go back in the house. By the time i'm in I hear the shower go off so I walk to the bathroom.

"Dani Im taking you to school so just walk to the car when you're dressed up. I've also done you the favour of packing your school bag and lunch.

"thanks mom". she says mockingly. She knows how much that pisses me off especially when people outside call me her mom. To be fair I kinda did pick up that role after our parents passed away but still i'm not her mom.

I get into my car start the ignition and turn on the a/c as it's August and still very hot.

It's 7: 45 now so I take a short nap while i wait for her.

***********

knock !

knock!!

knock!!!

"MORGAAAAAAAAN!!!!" I hear as i shoot my eyes open

"Shit" I say as unlock the car. Dani comes in into the car and closes the door. She has cargo pants a baggy shirt, her converse shoes which she never cleans and a sleek back bun whilesmelling like vanilla and coconut

"You look nice, I mean I would have gone with something more feminine" I say to her as i start to drive.

" Well its a good thing im not you" she says as she rolls her eyes at me arms crossed

Seatbelt please" I say ignoring her comment

" So how do you feel about starting junior year" I say trying to push a conversation

"I dont know" she says quietly as she shrugs her shoulder

"Whats wrong?"

"None of your business"