SISTER,FIXER

Joaquin's POV

I can't believe my eyes, I haven't fixed my eyes on Dani for this long in 2 months 3 weeks and 5 days. I feel like if I blink she might just dissappear, God shes so beautiful.

I always told her that when we were together but she didnt always believe me. I hope she knows that, whether or not we're together.

She realizes its me and I swear I can see her whole body go pale damn i really hurt her.

She quickly gets up to avoid interacting with me, but before shes able to dash off i grab her hand.

"Dani-" I say trying to plead with my eyes

"What is it Joaquin?, I'm kind of in a rush here" she says avoiding making eye contact with me

"Look I know we didn't exactly have the best break up but please I need to talk to you about something"

"Oh now you have something to say to me" she says laughing and shaking her head.

"Dani its a lot I'm risking so much right now even just being close to you"

"That Police internship really got into your head huh?" she says looking at me like ive lost a few screws.

"Look you dont have to believe me but i need you to be safe from that mon......i cant say anything right now my investigation isnt finshed but Dani I need you and I to be on good terms if im going to protect you."

She places her hand over your mouth to prevent her from laughing.

" I swear over my abuelita's life dani im not teeling you some coocoo story" I say and she takes me seriously she knows once i swear then shit is real.

"So this is not some set up between you and Alex cause i find it real weird how i see him and then see you on the same run when you two are supposedly not talking.

"We're not really speaking doesn't mean I hate his guts or anything just not really in the mood to start explaining myself to anyone which is what Alex wants and he always wants his way" I say with a hint of frustration.

"Look you're kinda scaring me with all this police talk am i in trouble? are you in trouble? is it morgan? oh oh oh omg is it lili? i know its her, shes always doing strange stuff." she says pointing on her chin and thinking.

I forgot how cute she was when she was when she was curious about something.

"Dan Dan I cant say anything for now till i have my conclusions." i say softly and realise im grabbing her by her waist and towering over her like i used to when i was trying to calm her down. She's looking into my eyes and I can feel seraching my face for answers, answers i don't actually have right now.

We're both lost in each others eyes when i hear someone clear their throat. It was Alex

We detach from each other quickly and awkwardly.

"Um i'm sorry what chapter are we on now, in the amazing love chronicles of Joaquin and Dani." Alex says mockingly

"I-I have to go" Dani says shyly and jogs back towards her house.

I put my airpods back in my ear quickly and start jogging away from Alex cause im still not ready to answer any questions, at least for now.

I hear him say something but with the loud audio tape blasting in my ear doesnt permit me to make out the words, he probably cursed me out, oh well everyone will understand when the truth comes out.

*******

I head home, shower and change into fresh clothes.