Chapter 1

A six-year-old Crystal looked up at the three people the Dursleys had hired to watch her while they were in Amity Park. They hadn't wanted to bring her along, but there was no one else available to watch her.

Mrs. Figg was in the hospital recovering from being hit by a car, and Aunt Marge refused to watch her. This meant the Dursleys were forced to bring her along on Uncle Vernon's business trip.

Since they didn't want to be stuck with her the entire time, they hired the first three teens they saw to take care of Crystal during the day and drop her off at the hotel they were staying in at night.

The three people watching her were teens around fourteen years of age, and their names were Sam, Danny, and Tucker.

Sam had short black hair that reached her shoulders, with a small section held in a high ponytail. She had pale skin and purple eyes, which Crystal stared at in wonder. She had never seen someone with purple eyes before and was a bit surprised the Dursleys let someone not "normal" watch her.

Sam wore purple lipstick and black eyeliner, along with a black sleeveless crop top featuring a purple circle in the middle. She also wore a black skirt with green stripes, purple tights, and black steel-toed combat boots.

Crystal then turned her gaze to Tucker.

Tucker also had black hair, but his skin was darker than Sam's, and his eyes were teal. He wore a red hat backward, a yellow sweater, green cargo pants, and brown boots. He carried a gray backpack that, from what Crystal had seen, held several different electronic gadgets.

Finally, Crystal looked curiously at the last of the trio.

He had pale skin, blue eyes, and black hair. He wore a white shirt with red on the collar and sleeves, featuring a red circle in the middle, similar to the purple circle on Sam's crop top. He wore jeans and red trainers.

Crystal then thought about her own appearance: long, messy black hair that refused to lay flat and broke any brush that tried to tame it; emerald green eyes that she sometimes swore glowed when she looked at a reflective surface, hidden behind big round glasses that did their best to obscure them. She wore old hand-me-down clothes that clearly used to belong to someone much bigger, making her look younger than her six years. To top it all off, her shoes were practically falling apart.

Crystal felt awkward that these three cool kids were being made to watch her. She couldn't believe they had agreed to it in the first place.

Over the next few days, she learned more about her three babysitters.

Sam was a vegetarian who hated meat but loved gardening and helping the environment grow and thrive. Crystal also learned, by accident, that Sam was rich. Sam made her swear not to tell anyone, not even Danny or Tucker.

Sam bought Crystal several outfits that actually fit her and made sure the Dursleys knew she had spent her own money and didn't expect them to pay her back. She also bribed them with a thousand dollars to let Crystal keep the clothes, while mentioning she would like to stay in contact with her after she leaves.

Tucker was super smart but had a bit of a pervy side, though he tried not to show that around Crystal. He didn't want to be a bad influence on her. He even let her play with his PDAs when she mentioned that she wasn't allowed to touch any of the electronics in the Dursleys' house.

To Crystal, Danny was the coolest. His parents were real-life ghost hunters. When she met them, she made them promise that if they ever encountered her parents' ghosts, they would let her meet them before helping them cross over. Crystal didn't understand why Maddie and Jack Fenton exchanged shocked and saddened looks or why the three teens watching her appeared a bit sad.