Chapter 7

Crystal turned to the three remaining parchments, each detailing the information about her accounts. She picked up one and examined it; it contained details about the Peverell accounts.

PEVERELL FAMILY

Peverell Castle [Habitable]

Peverell Manor [Habitable]

Family Vault

Peverell Family Vault 1: 6,153,235,099 Gallons, 983,144,923 Sickles, 919,927 Knuts.

Investments/Ownership

2% in Gringotts Wizarding Bank [Successful]

10% in Ollivander's Wand Shop [Successful]

Transactions

None

Contracts

None

Fortunately, there were no surprises with this account. No money was leaving the account improperly, and the two investments were thriving. Shares in the bank, which might be the only bank in magical Britain, and a wand shop were solid investments. Everyone needed a wand, as she'd observed during her bank visit.

She picked up the next parchment, noting it contained information about the Slytherin accounts.

SLYTHERIN FAMILY

Slytherin Castle [Habitable]

Slytherin Manor [Uninhabitable]

Gaunt Shack [Uninhabitable]

25% of Hogwarts Castle [School for Witchcraft and Wizardry]

Family Vault

Slytherin Family Vault 12: 3 Gallons, 32 Sickles, 10 Knuts

Investments/Ownership

80% in Knockturn Alley [Loans need repayment/Rent has not been paid for over three hundred years]

Transactions

None

Contracts

None

Crystal frowned as she read the investments section. "Grinlast, I need some advice. It says here that I own eighty percent of Knockturn Alley, but no one has repaid their loans or paid rent for over three hundred years. Would Gringotts be willing to handle this?"

"Please pass me the parchment, Lady Potter Peverell Hufflepuff Slytherin," Grinlast said, holding out his hand. He took the parchment when it was handed to him.

"Please, just call me Crystal," she said with a grimace, not noticing Grinlast's surprised reaction before he quickly masked it. She did, however, notice his furious-sounding growl.

"We shall take care of this, Crystal, you have my word."

"Thank you, Grinlast. The bank can keep 5% of the money recovered, and don't forget to charge interest. If they have no money but seem to be good people or have families, offer them the chance to do community service to pay off their debt and earn some extra cash. Half of the recovered money can go towards the debt, while the other half they can keep."

Grinlast stared at her in surprise. "Are you sure, Crystal?"

She nodded with a determined look on her young face. "I'm sure. I don't want anyone suffering for their ancestors' actions. I want to ensure they have an honest way to repay the debt while still being able to support themselves and their families."