junior high

JUNIOR HIGH WAS DEFINITELY better than elementary school. Y/N and Tamaki stayed close friends and Mirio had begun to think that they had some sort of secret relationship. The truth is that they had developed feelings for each other, it was only natural that the two had grown fond of each other. As the two were walking to lunch Miro had snuck up behind them, leaving Y/N scarred for longer than the indigo haired boy was. 

"You okay?" Tamaki had asked the girl. "Just shaken up. Miro has to stop doing that." The girl responded, truth is the girl had been shaken up about a fight she had had with her parents earlier that morning. It wasn't out of the ordinary for her to argue with her parents, they practically ignored her until she "messed up." 

Unfortunately for Y/N, her best friend had seen through her lie. "The truth would be nice Y/N." The boy said, looking over at the girl. The look on her face said everything, just by that look he knew that the girl had something going on. As Y/N turned her face away from the boy she heard a nervous "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked. If you wanna talk about it I'm here for you." "I appreciate it Tamaki." the girl responded. 

I should tell him, he is my best friend so he deserves to know. The girl thought to herself. Y/N turned to the boy only to find him already looking at her. "I got into a fight with my parents today." she started the boy nodded his head to show he was listening. "We had a family gathering yesterday, and normally that wouldn't trigger any anxiety or anything, but my parents didn't tell me that my family members were going to bring other people. They were mad at me because I had a anxiety attack and didn't socialize." 

Not knowing what to do the boy pulled her in for a hug, it didn't last for long as they heard footsteps approaching. As the two walked into the cafeteria they noticed Miro calling them over. The three of them ate lunch together, Miro sitting across from the pair. Tamaki sat closer to the girl as he knew she needed the comfort. What Y/N didn't mention to Tamaki was that her parents had threatened to kick her out that morning. She didn't want to worry the boy. It was the end of their last year of junior high and entrance exams for high school were coming up. Y/N, Tamaki, and Miro were all planning to go to U.A. She didn't want to add to any on going stress he may have had. 

The rest of school was normal, and as the trio walked home from school Y/N was hoping that her parents wouldn't be home, since they usually weren't Y/N would just hang out with one, or both of the boys. However, her parents were home this time and would either give her a severe silent treatment or just yell even more. She didn't wish for either. He parents weren't always like this, when the girl was younger they had assumed she would grow out of her anxiety, when she didn't they started to dislike her. 

Since Tamaki had to pass Y/N's house on the way to his house, he saw how uneasy she looked. "It'll be okay Y/N." he said, the girl sending a nod his way. "See you tomorrow?" he asked, assuming the girl's parents wouldn't let her hang out after school because they were mad at her. "Yeah, I'll text you later." She said waving at the boy. 

Walking into her house, her older sister sent her a sympathetic look. This is going to be bad. The girl thought, eyes brimming with tears. "Y/N M/N L/N." her mother had said. She looked up at her. As her parents continued the yelling from that morning, her sister entered the room to defend her. "This isn't something that will just go away! You need to get her the proper help! Her doctor has told you this multiple times!" The older of the L/N siblings yelled. "I'm sorry! I've said it so many times! You guys just don't listen! I can't control these things!" The younger shouted. "I've heard enough from you!" Their mother said, planting a hard smack on Y/N's cheek. This was the first, and hopefully last, time Y/N's mother had hit her. The tears had started to stream down the girls face as she ran up to her room, locking the door behind her. 

She could hear her family shouting from downstairs. As the girl was debating going downstairs to face her parents again, her phone dinged.

tamaki<3

hey

you okay?

i went for a walk and passed your house 

i heard yelling so im just checking in

water girl<3

yeah 

im good

wya

tamaki<3

just outside mirios house 

why? 

water girl<3

just wait there

im gonna see if i can come out

tamaki<3

okay 

lmk if you can

END OF CHAT 

The girl walked downstairs, realizing the yelling had stopped and her parents had left. "Where'd they go?" The girl asked her sister. "Business trip or something, the usual." she started. "Are you alright?" she asked. "I will be. I'm gonna go hang out with Tamaki for a little. I'll be back for dinner?" The girl said. "Stay out for long as you need." her sister responded.

The second the girl exited her house she started walking to where Tamaki said he was. Forgetting the red slap mark on her face, she walked up to the boy. "Y/N! What happened?!" Tamaki asked while placing a hand on the girl's cheek. The girl stayed silent, tears forming in her eyes once again. He pulled the girl into a hug, letting her cry into his shoulder. In between sobs the girl choked out the words "My mom slapped me." Though her words were broken up and she was stuttering, he knew what she said. And it broke his heart. "Has she done this before?" The boy asked. "No, this was the first time." The girl said, less sobs escaping her mouth as she was beginning to calm down. 

Tamaki pulled away from the hug and grabbed Y/N's hand, pulling her with him to his house. "I feel like a walk might not be good right now." The boy said as they entered his living room. "We could play Minecraft if you want?" Tamaki said, attempting to cheer the girl up. Y/N is is best friend and it hurt him to see her so upset, especially when he knew her parents were at fault. "I would like that." The girl responded, grabbing the controllers from the TV stand. 

Little did the pair know, this would become a common activity for when either of them were feeling upset. 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The lorax is peak fiction.