⌗OO7

Soobin lay on his bed pondering as he stared at the long-dead glow-in-the-dark, green stars that were stuck to the ceiling. He was just waiting for one to fall and stab his eyeball.

The sound of Beomgyu's soft snoring carried up to the loft and slowly but surely caressed him to slumber. Soobin felt just a small bit guilty that Beomgyu was sleeping on the couch even though the latter had absolutely insisted upon it, saying beds are uncomfy. They had argued for a while before Soobin just tossed 2 blankets and a pillow in the boy's face and wished him a good night.

Soobin's mind did not want to rest, so much had happened and the events of the day were running back and forth in his brain. Part of him was accusing him of being stupid for letting some random kid off the street into his home, and another knew something was wrong and was worried about Beomgyu.

Eventually, Soobin shut his eyes tightly and forced his mind away from Beomgyu and towards some fake scenario that would hopefully let him sleep.

+×+

Sensing a movement near him, Soobin's eyes fluttered open. He felt something digging into his spine. He turned over to find a sleeping Beomgyu sprawled across 2 thirds of the bed, Soobin shoved right to the edge. Soobin let out a gasp in relief and wiggled back into the bed. "I thought you were someone else, Beom," he whispered, looking at the ceiling again, a smile tugging at his lips.

Beomgyu stirred and rolled over, his face now in close proximity to Soobin's own. Soobin could feel his face heating up, no one had been that close to him since Songmin. The hairs on his neck raised as the latter's breath brushed past them with each small snore he made.

Wait. 

Soobin's eyes widened. 

Did I just fucking sleep with someone?

He threw the blankets away, doing the same to the sleeping younger in the process, and jumped from the bed, hitting his head on the ceiling and tumbling onto the loft's floor. "Oh my fucking God, what were you thinking?!" Soobin slapped himself.

"What is it? Soob?" Beomgyu was startled awake, and the sight of Soobin hitting himself caused him to panic. "What's wrong?" He made a beeline across the bed, stumbling on the blankets. 

Soobin noticed him and remembered how easily Beomgyu got distressed and dropped his hands to his sides, "It's fine, Beom."

"Soobin, what happened? Did I scare you? I'm sorry. I-I can still stay here. Sorry-" Beomgyu watched over Soobin as he sat back on the bed, placing his palm over his trembling shoulders. Beomgyu instantly calmed down, the cracks under his eyes once again healing. "I promise it's fine. You can stay here. I see you found the couch uncomfy." 

Beomgyu nodded timidly. Soobin just smiled and shook his head, thinking nothing more of the incident. 

"Now are you hungry?"

+×+

Soobin cleared away the cereal mess and dumped the bowls and spoons into the already full sink. He couldn't be bothered to do the dishes from last night, instead falling tiredly onto his bed and struggling to sleep.

Dishes were the last of his worries.

"I wanna help," Beomgyu cut in, shoving the older to the side. Clearly not having a clue of what to do, he turned the tap on, full blast. "Argh!" he screamed, jumping back, waving his hands in front of his face against the spurting water.

"Geez Beom," 

Soobin shut the tap off with a chuckle at the humorous sight of Beomgyu dripping wet—his face aghast and mouth wide open. Beomgyu got over the shock and started to laugh as well. It made Soobin laugh harder, it was hearty and sounded like a window wiper.

He quickly went to retrieve a towel for the boy. He sighed, shaking his head, and handed it to him. "I appreciate the enthusiasm, but you should let me handle his."

Beomgyu pouted, Soobin wiped a drop of water from the tip of his nose. He stepped aside as the taller began to clean the dirty dishes. However, he couldn't resist peeking over Soobin's shoulder, watching while he scrubbed each dish. As Soobin worked, he explained each step to Beomgyu, who listened intently, asking questions and offering suggestions. And even though he was doing most of the work, Beomgyu felt proud to be a part of the process.

Soobin finished up and pulled the rubber gloves off his hands, wiping the blonde hair that stuck to his forehead away. Beomgyu stared at him with his big doe eyes, as if to say, "What's next?"

Soobin's lips curled up, his pearly white teeth on display. "We're going to the convenience store, Beom. You can come to work with me," Soobin spoke with a smile. Beomgyu looked at Soobin with confusion. He had no idea what Soobin meant by work.

"I don't understand," Beomgyu hesitated. Soobin laughed. "I do stuff at the convenience store down the street. You'll have to come with me, so I can look after you." 

Beomgyu liked Soobin and didn't want to be left alone, so he perked up and nodded.

+×+

"Is that all today?"

Beomgyu listened to Soobin talking to another customer as he chewed on another cheese stick hidden behind the counter.

"Yes."

"Thank you. Have a nice day," Soobin spoke, followed by a ding of the shop's doorbell. The customer had left, and Beomgyu waited eagerly for Soobin to bend down and talk to him.

However, Soobin remained standing doing something with the till. The latter tossed the cheese stick wrapper to the side, feeling bored. He sighed. How much longer till they could go home and Soob could brush his hair again?

The boy sprung up, under the guise that no one was at the counter, but was met with a scary-looking man staring Soobin down. 

"S-soob?" he stammered, upset as he glanced between the two. 

The unknown man turned his attention towards the new figure. "And who is he?" he raised an eyebrow, making Soobin's face harden.

Soobin was frozen on the spot, he couldn't bring himself to move. Not with Beomgyu standing right there, that would only make him scared and risk exposing his porcelain skin.

"My boyfriend," he deadpanned. 

The man rolled his eyes in disbelief, "Really? That was quick, Bin." 

Beomgyu watched Soobin scowl and retreated back behind the counter.

"Don't fucking call me that."

"Whatever," the man rolled his eyes second time and pushed a packet of chips and a bottle of soju on the counter. Soobin begrudgingly scanned the items.

"Cash or card?" 

He pulled out a 50,000 won note and handed it to the latter. 

"Is this all?"

"Get me a pack of cigarettes." 

Soobin bent down and unlocked the cupboard where the cigarettes were kept. He stole a glance at Beomgyu who was slightly shaking and biting his nails. 

"It's okay, Beom," he whispered, "just wait for a second."

Soobin stood straight, tense, and scanned the cigarettes.

"Bin-"

"What the fuck did I say?" he growled through gritted teeth, "I don't care what you have to say, Songmin. Take your change and get out!"

Songmin took the coins and bag of food before backing away. He couldn't resist having the final laugh, so as he exited the store, he called out, "This ain't the last time, Choi Soobin."