CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

No one returned to the cells, I remained strung up against the wall. By what I assumed was the second day my feet were swollen and my body was drenched with sweat. Lionel stood most of the day, pacing his cell and doing body exercises to remain strong. He slowed after the fourth day. We hadn't eaten or drunk water in in that time. It was harder to tell how much time was passing when Lionel stared passing out more. I would often faint for periods of time.

"What a poor sight to behold." I blinked my eyes open hearing a voice inside the cells. Dracyian. He chuckled.

"Has it been a week?" I found myself asking as he leaned his arm above his head on the outside of my cell bars.

"It's been four days Princess." My chest hit the floor hearing those words. We had only been in for four days. I thought a while ago it was the four-day mark, I guess I was wrong.

"I am here to give you both water so you don't die on us now." Dracyian said as he opened up my cell door, I saw a leather satchel of water in his other hand. I saw Lionel had woken up from the sound of my cell door opening, he tried sitting up only to stop for a moment and blink at the ground.

"Drink slowly or you'll throw up." Dracyian said appearing right in front of me, he lifted he water satchel to my lips and I almost moaned feeling the water touch my lips. I gulped down the water that poured into my mouth and let it seep into my mouth and throat. I had never felt so refreshed and sick at the same time. I moved my head with the satchel as Dracyian pulled it away, water dripped from my mouth and down the front of my shirt. I was panting.

"Mm what a sight you are." Dracyian smirked, his eyes flicking down to my wet chest. They continued down to my pants, making his brow furrow. "I forget woman are a strange species." He said looking back up at me. I licked the inside of my mouth trying to get a drop more of the water.

"Here dog, have the rest." Dracyian threw the leather satchel into Lionel's cell, some of the water pouring out onto the floor. Lionel snatched it up and paused looking back up at me. He drunk the water, taking in each gulp slowly.

Dracyian left my cell without another word, locking the door behind him.

"They want to keep us alive." Lionel mumbled out, his voice was hoarse from the dryness.

"To let us suffer even longer." I replied letting my head drop down to my wet chest. I had no strength to keep it up for long. My shoulders were past the point of pain, I felt only a dull tingling sensation. My wrists ached from the clasps digging into my hands, the only release was when I had some strength to pull myself up for a second or two realising the tension.

Lionel threw the leather satchel at Dracyian as he returned holding a metal bucket, I saw from my height it was filled with water. I felt myself licking my lips again. Another knight followed behind him holding another bucket.

"It's our lucky day, we don't have to smell how rotten you've both become anymore." Dracyian smirked as he unlocked my cell with one hand and stepped inside. A bath. We were going to be washed. I wasn't sure if I was happy or mad about it knowing Dracyian had stepped into my cell and the other knight moving into Lionel's after hanging him up to the wall.

"He's got you doing the dirty work now?" I scoffed down at Dracyian as he placed the bucket of water by my feet.

"Oh not at all, I volunteered to do you personally Princess darling." Dracyian smirked up at me, he stepped forwards his hands going to the front of my trousers. I jerked away from him not having far to go Dracyian held me still.

"Don't touch me." I growled back at him kicking my legs at him. I held back the pain from my shoulders as I begun to move.

Dracyian laughed bending down to the bucket and pulled out the wet wash cloth. Beside me I heard a splash as the knight tossed the whole bucket of water at Lionel's body. He gasped out thrashing against the wall.