Late Hour's

A surge of guilt washed over Chloe Severn as she answered her boyfriend's call, the tone of his voice giving away his suspicion

A surge of guilt washed over Chloe Severn as she answered her boyfriend's call, the tone of his voice giving away his suspicion. She scanned the dimly lit office, her eyes landing on Simon Tyler, his shirt buttoned up wrong in haste. “I’m just finishing up some work, I’ll be home soon,” she lied smoothly.

Simon flashed a sheepish grin at Chloe as he attempted to straighten his attire. The familiar taste of guilt was something they shared. They were both betraying their partners, but their desires proved overpowering.

They rode the lift down together in silence, their mixed feelings hanging heavy in the confined space. When they stepped into the chilly night, their heads were still clouded with guilt, but their bodies were still singing the aftermath of their lovemaking.

The train station was deserted. It was the kind of quiet that made every sound seem too loud, every echo too drawn out. Chloe couldn’t shake off the prickling sensation at the back of her neck that they were being watched.

Simon, still high on adrenaline and unfulfilled lust, seemed unfazed by her discomfort and initiated their second round of lovemaking. The adrenaline, the fear, the thrill – it all culminated into a heady experience. But just as Chloe was on the brink of climaxing, she froze. She saw a figure lurking in the shadows.

“What is it?” Simon asked, his breath ragged. But the figure had disappeared. Chloe’s insides churned as she noticed the stain on Simon's pants and her blouse. “You go clean up, I’ll go look for the restroom.” Simon told her, clearly frustrated.

Minutes turned into an agonizing hour and Chloe was beginning to worry. The deserted train station took on an ominous tone as her calls for Simon went unanswered. She boarded the approaching train, alone and afraid. She sent a quick text to Simon and then froze.

A familiar ringtone echoed in the empty carriage. Simon’s ringtone. She got up, her heart pounding as she moved towards the sound. The lights flickered, casting long, dark shadows around her. The ringtone stopped abruptly, replaced by a chilling sound of heavy breathing.

Slowly, she turned around.

A figure stood a few feet away. In her hand was a blood-soaked knife and in the other was Simon’s decapitated head.

The scream got stuck in her throat as she bolted, but she didn’t get far. A hand clamped around her mouth, dragging her towards the back of the carriage.

She kicked, she screamed, but it was useless. The last thing she saw was Simon’s lifeless eyes staring back at her before everything faded into blackness. Simon’s head was placed beside her, their final moment of intimacy shared in silence and death.

The horror of the night was too terrifying to comprehend. The deafening silence of the train station, the agonizing wait, and finally the terrifying encounter. It was a horrifying dance of love, lust, betrayal, and death.

 It was a horrifying dance of love, lust, betrayal, and death