Beauty Is Skin Deep

Larry Furla was a timid man; a quiet man

Larry Furla was a timid man; a quiet man. He was almost completely unnoticed in the hum of the busy office, his long fingers dancing over the keyboard as he input the slow crawl of data into spreadsheets. His tiny cubicle had no pictures of loved ones or photos of his life outside the crowded, busy walls of his workplace. He didn't need reminders or distractions. The truth was, Larry was quite content with the repetitiveness of his tasks, the predictability that his days held out; a constant that kept him rooted.

Except for an exception or two, of course.

As Larry went about his daily routine, he found himself with a secret obsession. A secret, burning desire in the pit of his belly that gnawed at him and made his pulse jump each time the object of his desires came past his ever-watchful eyes.

Her name was Laura. And her close friend, Tanya.

Larry couldn't help himself, his lustful gaze followed each woman as they walked by his cubicle, their laughter mingling in the air, an enchanting love song that left him flushed and flustered. Although they never seemed to pay him any attention, Larry fancied that he saw secret glances stolen in his direction or secret smiles that spoke of a hidden, wild desire.

But there was something odd about the pair. Larry couldn't quite put his finger on it, a kind of subtle mystery to their movements, their behavior. Tanya and Laura always stayed behind after hours, their voices hushed and their laughter tainted with a strange hint. He would try to catch snippets of their conversation, but their whispers were like smoke, curling behind closed doors.

Today was different though. Larry had stayed behind; the mountainous backlog of work looming high above his computer screen. It was payback for the days spent watching Laura and Tanya instead of focusing on the tasks at hand.

The building was filled with the emptiness of shadow and silence, all except for Larry, Tanya, and Laura who remained in their respective cubicles. Larry attempted to concentrate on his work, but he was acutely aware of the fact that the women were still there in the building with him, their presence beckoning him like a Siren's call.

Suddenly, without a breath of a sound, Tanya rose from her chair, her eyes meeting Larry's for a brief heart-stopping moment before she deliberately slid her feet out from her shoes. She then lifted her stocking-clad feet and placed them on the edge of her desk, wiggling her toes in the dim light.

Larry smelled the acrid vinegary scent of her feet almost immediately, like a wave crashing into his senses. The smell was unbearable and oddly intoxicating. He watched, shocked into stillness, as Laura crossed the room without a word, her eyes fixated on Tanya's feet with a ravenous hunger.

Laura knelt in front of Tanya, her breaths coming in ragged gasps as she brought her face closer to the stinking feet. She closed her eyes and breathed in her fill before exhaling in ecstasy. Slowly, she ran her tongue along Tanya's sole, drawing a moan from her friend's trembling lips.