Chapter 1 {Beginning of the End}

"Something is coming, Hungry for Power, Hungry for Blood. You feel a cold, wet, slime-like substance drip down the back of your neck. You are surrounded by the Shadow of Darkness" Eddie said leaning over the table with a devilish grin. His brown curls in that awkward stage of growth, He'd been trying to grow it out recently. He said he wanted to look like Billy Ray Cyrus...Eddie's curls just made it look like a mop. 

"Oh fuck, what is it. Can it get off of me? I'm not fond of slime-like substances" Asturia said Her brown hair fell in front of her face as she cupped her face in her hands dramatically. 

"Sounds like a Demogorgon, we've handled these before we'll be fine" Gareth explained, His short brown curls covering his eyes. He was overconfident, The last time this group faced a Demogorgon...Jeff died. Gareth tugged on his red plaid jacket confidently and glared over at Eddie, their dm with a look that screamed 'bring it on bitch'.

"idiots, I'm surrounded by idiots" Asturia scoffed as she glared over at him, sitting up in her chair her arms crossed. 

"You are such a jackass! I died last time! I really don't want to have to start over again!" Jeff exclaimed as sweat poured down his Chestnut colored forehead. His Black Sabbath t shirt hugging his skin as he sweat.

"bro? you good? PTSD flashbacks much?" Asturia joked patting him on the back, she recoiled away as she felt the sweat, her mouth formed a disgruntled frown. She nonchalantly wiped her hand dry on her jeans and gave Jeff a forced smile. 

"A Banderhobb reveals itself! It lunges to bite you!" Eddie squealed throwing his arms in the air.

"Really? I hate these fuckers" Asturia sighed with a playful smile. She tugged at her cropped pink tank top. She cut up her clothes a lot, she had to find a way to make her moms hand me downs cute. 

Banderhobbs are a hybrid of shadow and flesh. Through Dark magic, these components take on an enormous and vile humanoid shape, resembling a bipedal toad. In this form, a Banderhobb temporarily serves its creator as a thug, a thief, and a kidnapper.

"There's your slime-like substance Byers" Gareth joked nudging Asturia in the shoulder.

"Oh fuck off" She retaliated as she focused back in on the game. "Gareth fireball him! I prefer not being bitten by these things!" She yelled.

"Your move Gareth!" Eddie shouted pounding on the table glaring at Gareth. 

"Fireball!" Asturia yelled throwing her fists in the air, she could feel her heart beating faster out of anicipation. "come on!" She exclaimed.

"Fireball the bastard!" Jeff exclaimed kneeling down at Gareths seat.

"The Banderhobb is closing in on Jeff!" Eddie yelled excitedly pounding on the table, he glanced over at Asturia who was pulling at her shirt, desperately trying to make it cover more of her skin.

"Fireball!" Gareth yelled as he threw the D20. Everyone jumped out of their seats watching the die roll across the table. Eddie hopped up onto the table as the die came to a stop.

"And! Oh no! A 13! I'm afraid you need a 15, The Banderhobb bites Jeff! Lose 11 hit points!." Eddie exclaimed through almost evil laughter. 

"You Mother!" Jeff yelled lunging at Gareth.

"Party's over kiddos," Wayne said as the lights turned on, Illuminating the room, you could see Eddies bed in the corner, the empty pizza boxes and chip bags coating the floor. 

"Atmosphere ruined" Eddie sighed glaring at Wayne, Eddie crossed his arms and glared up at him as he jumped down off the table.

"Come on! 30 more minutes!" Jeff pleaded.