Part 11

Jake's Pov,

As the scents become stronger, I soon reach the nest of the Pauna, and my eyes widen as I see clarke and Lexa run out.

Releasing a small whine, both of their heads snap in my direction. Walking over to the two, i see Lexa's arm in a sling, but for the rest, they seem oke.

"You've missed the party." Clarke states, and I nudge her with my snout.

Walking next to the two, the baning of the pauna fills my ears, and let's pray that whatever they locked her in holds it. After some time, they start a fire, and I lay down on the forest floor while my ears keep fixated on the banging.

"Get some rest." Lexa says to Clarke, who hesitantly lays down on the cold forest floor, crawling over to the girl I lay beside her in hopes that my body will keep her warm.

"He'll keep you warm ." Lexa states, and I nod my head, feeling Clarke move closer to me. I protectively lay my head over her shoulder and let my eyes meet Lexa's.

"You're a comfy blanket." Clarke mumbles, and I nudge her playfully with my snout. Feeling her snuggle herself more into my body, I eventually hear her breathing even out, and I look back at Lexa.

"It's a shame you're not a man, I would still like to know your name." Lexa says, and I let a grin  make its way on my face. She can't know my name, she'll put the pieces maybe together. To many people already know.

"You think we can  defeat the mountain?"Lexa asks me, and I slowly nod my head. She has the numbers sky people have the weapons and technology . So well, yes, I think they could  to be honest.

"One day, I hope to see the man behind the wolf." Lexa says with a small smile, and I feel Clarke nuzzle herself even more into me.

........

After that, she was silent for hours. Maybe the pauna gave up, seeing the sun begin to rise, I was soon proven wrong  as the loud banging once again begins and Clarke shoots up.

"It's ok, you're safe." Lexa says, and I stand up as the banging becomes louder and louder.

"How's your arm ?" I hear Clarke ask Lexa.

"Hurts." Lexa says, and I mentally chuckle at the two idiots. But that soon stops as I hear the door fly open.

Releasing a loud growl, the pauna soon barges out of her feeding grounds, and we come face to face. Standing protectively in front of the two, I snarl at it, but it just smashes its chest. This ain't gonna be fun.

As the pauna starts running our way, I advance towards it and jump up, biting down on its shoulder

As the pauna starts running our way, I advance towards it and jump up, biting down on its shoulder. I soon feel her hands grab me and throw me in a tree that breaks from the impact. Releasing a whine I quickly jump up and grab the animal by its leg, as I try to drag the pauna away from the two I soon feel it grab ahold of my paw and trow me into the ground.