Story 2: Chum

Trout was older than Mako and Reef, even if they didn't act like it. When they were younger they had to watch his mom die, while living with their dad he forced them to work for Grizzco Industries once they turned fourteen. When Trout turned fourteen they had immediately done the Grizzco Training. When leaving the building they ran into an inkling and some weird hybrid of an inkling and octoling. That's when they got to know Mako and Reef. They'd spend time together but it was always cut short when they had to leave for Grizzco. Every shift was hard to complete but Trout got lucky and ended up with a team of experienced Profreshionals. One shift was harder than any other.

Trout was in the locker room getting their slopsuit on. Everything was making them hot. After putting on their boots they had finally left. A minute later they were in a helicopter with 2 octolings and an inkling. Most of the time some would be having a conversation or saying good luck to the other workers. This team was scarily silent. When they were sent to the ground to begin Wave 1, Trout said "Booyah" but no one said it back. The other teams did. The first two waves went fine but whenever Trout was about to get splatted by a salmonid no one came to help. Not even when they repeatedly yelled "This Way!". At the end of the third wave there was a chum walking around by itself. It was smaller than the other chums. Trout laughed at it. When they weren't looking it bonked Trout on the head with its frying pan. They fell on the ground. 10 seconds later when the wave ended Trout was sent back to the helicopter and then to Grizzco. After spending almost 10-20 minutes getting the slopsuit off, they walked home and laid on their bed. Instantly, they fell asleep. 2 hours later they woke up with a horrible migraine. Trout went to the bathroom and when they were washing their hands they saw a large red mark above their left eye. A few days later the mark hadn't left. Mako had asked about what happened and Trout honestly didn't know (Somehow). When they finally went back to Grizzco Industries Mr. Grizz had told Trout that they weren't allowed to work for another 3 days because of them being irresponsible. When they got back home, their dad wasn't happy with the news.

The next day...

"Trout, are you okay? You've got a massive bruise on your arm."
"Yeah it's just the salmon runs my dad has been making me do."
"You sure?"
"Mhm, wouldn't lie"

Reef seemed concerned. She probably should be. She knew that there was always something happening between Trout and their dad. Though Reef could never figure it out. It was always Salmon Run, and this week, Trout hadn't been going. So she knew something was up, and this time she figured it out.

A long time later, when a Big Run was occurring, Trouts dad didn't hesitate to put them to work. When the weekend was over Trout hadn't left their room in 2 days. Well, they went to the bathroom and grabbed food but that was it. Trout never got over how their teammates left them for bait for Horrorboros. It's ear piercing, nightmare giving scream haunted Trout. People still went out during a Big Run, the just avoided areas close to wear the salmonids were, and Grizzco. When Trout went out again with Mako and Reef they told them it worried them that Trout was gone during the Big Run.

Trout still hasn't escaped their dad but tries their best to stand up for themselves.