Summer dress

𝙂𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙋𝙤𝙫

I was so tired from the night before. I rolled out of my bed and literally landed on the floor. Stumbling in my bathroom I took a quick shower. After that refreshing shower I went to my closet and picked out something to wear.

I then walked down the stairs towards the kitchen and I saw Jeremiah in there making one of his hungover concoctions

I then walked down the stairs towards the kitchen and I saw Jeremiah in there making one of his hungover concoctions. He then looked at me and I said, "Um, cereal?"

"You sure?" he asked

"Yeah, hit me," he poured some in a bowl and slid it to me as I sat at the breakfast bar.

Then Susannah came running in "Oh, my God! Belly is gonna be a debutante." Belly started laughing at her reaction and said, "It's really not that big of a deal."

Steven then said, "I'm sorry. Like, Belly? Like, my sister? Like, that thing right there?" she responded with, " Shut up, cretin."

Su then pulled Belly over to me and brought us into a group hug, "Okay, this is gonna be so much fun. Just you wait. There is, uh... there's the tea, the auction, the ball, of course, the rehearsal. I got to write this down." Then she made a realization gasps, "We need to go shopping."

I got excited, I love shopping with Susannah. But here comes Laurel ruining the fun, "This sounds... expensive."

"Oh, don't worry, Laur. It's on me. It was my idea after all, and we still need to style you for your book party, so..." I went over and hugged Su and kissed her cheek and turned to Laurel. "Yeah "Laur were not reaching into pockets," and she turned away from me and to Belly, "Belly, are you sure you want to do this?" then Conrad cut in, "It doesn't seem very you."

"It's not. Conrad, could you please be a little more supportive?"

"Now, which one of you is gonna be Belly's escort and which is gonna be Gianna's to the ball?"

"Not me. I went last year."

"Yeah, and I swore off balls after I went to the last one."

"Oh please I don't need your petty date, so don't push them on us ok, Su?" I looked at her and she nodded he head."The dances, dude. ( laughter ) Wow, guys.

"Well I'm not going with either of you. I am going to find my own date."

"Wikipedia says debutante balls require instruction in morals and social etiquette." I rolled my eyes at Steven when Conrad announced, "I'm going for a swim."

"She could use some etiquette."

"Yeah. No offense, Beck, but I don't feel like a country club is the best place to teach Belly about morals, but Anna could certainly use them"

"Laur, times have changed. There's a girl debbing this season, and she's bringing her girlfriend as her escort, and the club was fine with it."

" How very progressive of them." I couldn't, take it anymore and I spoke up, "Can you not ruin this for us, I'm excited and so is Bell whether she wants to emit it." Laurel rolled her eyes at me and I gave her a smile.