Lies

Previously..

Sonic.exe didn't expect Sonic to act this nicely towards him, he always thought there is some sort of a catch behind anybody trying to act nice towards him, but Sonic was.. different. He just didn't know how to think straight, but he has to keep his guard up, he doesn't want to end up being backstabbed like the last previous times. Sonic.exe is now slowly trusting Sonic, but he needs more time to confirm that Sonic is trustworthy.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sonic started to overthink his last moments with Sonic.exe, and then he started to think of whether he should tell his friends about X's presence or not.. he didn't know what to do, yet he didn't want to lie to his friends or hide anything from them.
Sonic was walking slowly towards Tails' house, not sure how to face him and explain why he wasn't present the last day.

"Hmm.. maybe I will tell him I decided to watch some movies at home? Well that is sort of true, because that's what I did.. will that be considered lying..?" Sonic said to himself, he was a bit lost, he was looking down at the snow while walking, his shoes dipping underneath the thick layer of snow on the ground.

He approached Tails' house and then knocked on the door, he waited patiently for Tails to open the door..
He heard Tails' footsteps coming from behind the door and there was a little 'tick' noise that came out from the door, Tails unlocking it for him.

Tails has crossed his arms and looked at Sonic with a glare. "Sonic.. where were you yesterday?! I was calling you the whole time!! You made me worried.." Tails said with an angry tone, yet his face drew a concerned look.

Sonic was surprised from Tails' reaction, he rubbed his neck and smiled nervously. "Oh.. y-you did? Well.. hehe..-" Sonic looked in the distance. "Sorry.. I was kind of busy yesterday, I guess I didn't hear your calls." Sonic apologized, he then looked at his Watch that Tails gave him to track him down or call him with it.

Tails sighed then facepalmed, he shook his head in disappointment. "That is not the point! If you were busy you could have just told me about it!! I was worried to death Sonic.." Tails said, he then moved away from the door and gestured for Sonic to enter.

"Awh come on, you know nothing bad happens to me." Sonic said while scoffing.

"Yeah yeah.. hard to believe a hedgehog that seeks danger!" Tails said, he closed the door behind him.

- "But that's what a hero does!"

- "That's what 'us' HEROES do!! We are a team Sonic.. just please stop doing things by yourself! You will encounter somebody that is stronger than you someday, and you won't have us by your side! What will you do after that???" Tails scolded, he tried to give the point to Sonic but he knew he would shrug it off as usual..

- "Sheesh you are exaggerating this a bit Tails.. I was actually at home, I wasn't 'seeking for danger'." Sonic rolled his eyes then sat down on the couch in Tails' living room, he then start to look around.

- "but--" Tails was cut off by Sonic. "Oh by the way, what did you do for the holiday? Did you decorate your house?" Sonic asked, trying to change the topic.

It actually worked, it seemed to distract Tails a bit. "Huh? Oh right.. no I just wanted to go today and get some Christmas lights, what about you?" Tails asked, his tails twitching in curiosity.

- "Well.. I was supposed to do the decorations yesterday but I ended up watching movies the whole day, so nope." Sonic simply answered while rubbing his ear with his pinky finger.

Sonic didn't lie with that, he actually was watching movies.. but he didn't mention Exe at all. Sonic then sighed heavily as he put both of his hands on his face, he didn't know what to do anymore.. he felt tired and weird, he doesn't like to hide anything from his best friend, but he has to keep Sonic.exe hidden as long as he can.

"Well then, we can go together." Tails said, he smiled warmly at Sonic and his tails started to move around in an excited manner. Sonic smiled back and nodded, he stood up again and started stretching his body. "I doubt I will pay for any of the items.." Sonic muttered, he rolled his eyes and started tapping his chin.

"Well, you never paid for anything, fans would always give you their stuff for free." Tails let out a small giggle and then waved his two tails. Sonic giggled too, he was flattered from this situation.. he really doesn't understand why fans has always to do this, it is honestly awkward to accept their gifts in exchange for nothing..

Tails then got his house keys and his pocket. "So, wanna go now? I think there would be a crowd already at the mall.. going early would give us a chance to catch up to the sales!" Tails spoke in an excited manner, he got his scarf and wore it as he looked at Sonic, waiting for his response.

"Ah sure, I want to buy a Christmas tree, and I kinda want to buy some groceries too.. my fridge is like an empty space now." Sonic giggled to himself, then he stretched his body a bit as he got up from the couch. "Let's go." Sonic said, he opened the door and went outside Tails' house, he rushed outside then paused after a good distance.

"Sonic!! Wait up!" Tails yelled, he closed his house door and locked it, then started flying towards Sonic. "Come on you slow ass." Sonic said as he made a sassy pose, smiling at Tails smugly. Tails huffed in annoyance then playfully kicked Sonic's shoulder.

<<Meanwhile.. Sonic.exe at Sonic's home>>

Sonic.exe was looking through the house for something fun to do, and he is becoming bored by the second.. then, an evil idea crossed his mind.
Sonic.exe started to look around the house more, as more of looking through Sonic's personal stuff..   what is he doing??   Well, Sonic.exe is more curious about the secrets Sonic is hiding from him, and he wants to confirm if it was safe to actually trust Sonic or not.

Sonic.exe opened the mirror drawers and looked through Sonic's stuff.. He saw some pictures of Sonic standing with other mobians that seemed to be his friends. Sonic.exe looked at the pictures and then started to look for more other interesting stuff..

Wait..

Sonic.exe immediately paused.

Trust..

...

He trusts you..

Sonic.exe froze on his place and zoned out, he started to think of Sonic's reaction to him doing this from behind his back, even after giving him all of this trust to keep him alone at home.. Sonic.exe started to feel guilty immediately, he looked down and sighed, then placed the pictures back on Sonic's drawers.

Sonic.exe left the room and went downstairs, as he sat on the living room couch.

"I think I have passed the line.." Sonic.exe spoke to himself, he sighed again then got the TV remote, and started looking for an interesting movie to distract himself with.

[To be Continued..]

//Ahhh sorry for late update, but good news, I am finally done from exams! I will have more available time to update. ^^//