Lover💌

Album: Lover

Dear Percy,

We can leave the Christmas lights up 'til January. This is our place, we make the rules. I don't care, as long as you're with me. There's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you, dear. I remember when I first met you, not 20 seconds or 20 years ago. You were just a boy then. To me, just a dumb son of Poseidon. How you've grown. I love everything about you. Your jokes, your smile, your laugh. I love when you buy me little gifts from tiny shops along the streets of New Rome just because it made you think of me. I love that you know when I don't feel well, and how you cheer me up. I love when you try to make blue pancakes, and end up burning the food dye. When you are on a quest, I wish I could go where you go. Can we always be this close, forever and ever?

We have a little apartment in New Rome. It's not much, but it's our place, we make the call. Sometimes we let our friends crash in the living room. I say our friends, but they feel like family. Our family. Our bedroom is messier than I'd like it, but it's okay. I know you're trying. I'm sure you've realized, but I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you. Gods know I've wanted you since I first saw you. Remember that day? That summer? I've loved you 6 summers now, honey, but I want them all.

On the day of our wedding, I was proud to take you, this magnetic force of a man, to be my lover. My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue, but I swear to be overdramatic and true to you, my lover. Promise you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me, and at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover. I'll fight anyone who tries to mess with us. I know you remember that judo flip. Gods, that might've been the best day of my life. After our underwater kiss, of course.

Darling, you're my lover.

Annabeth.