51-55

Chapter 51

When Lin Wenbo arrived, Gong Lixin had already returned to the room provided by the Gong household and was washing the dirty clothes he had worn last night. There was no other choice as it was now the apocalypse, the Gong family didn't have a babysitter anymore to take care of him, and he only had four sets of clothes in total. After not cleaning for a while, there would be no more clothes to change into.

"Big Brother Lin, are you going out?" Seeing Lin Wenbo carrying the bag, Gong Lixin washed away the foam from his hands and asked curiously.

"No, these things are for you. Come over and take a look." In Gong Lixin's clear eyes, there was no greed, desires, or impurities. The haze in Lin Wenbo's heart unconsciously lifted and a touch of a smile appeared on his cold expression.

"What is it?" Gong Lixin wiped his hands and walked over to his side, looking at the opened travel bag. When he saw the neatly placed clothes, his eyebrows furrowed.

He was just thinking about how his clothes were too little and where to acquire a few other sets. After staying in this modern time for more than a year, he had long been used to wearing casual clothes at home, wearing formal attire outside, and sleeping while wearing pajamas. However, nowadays he wore a sports suit even as he slept which was extremely uncomfortable. Alas, he had no habit of sleeping naked so he had to be patient.

He couldn't blame He Jin for taking too few things at the beginning. It was enough to bring one or two sets of daily necessities like clothes, but bring more food, weapons and medicines. At that time, it was natural to bring things to keep one's life and make do with the rest.

Seeing the child's surprised expression, Lin Wenbo's smile became more profound. Touching his head, he said, "Tell me if you notice anything missing, I'll get it for you later."

"Okay." Gong Lixin nodded and took out a piece of clothing which he drew towards his body.

Lin Wenbo was tall and naturally, his clothes were not suitable for the petite Gong Lixin. However, Lin Wenbo had considered this in advance and mostly brought over cotton T-shirts to be worn. Even if it was too long, it wouldn't look too out of place and his movement wouldn't be constricted. According to Gong Xiangyi, the weather after the start of the apocalypse would greatly change. There was no such thing as a summer season as it was always summer. There were no more four seasons to speak of so these short-sleeved T-shirts could be worn for a whole year round.

When Gong Lixin looked at the clothes one by one, Lin Wenbo gave a casual inspection of his room. In the end, he opened a small vertical wardrobe which was placed in the corner and his face immediately darkened.

There was nothing in the closet except for a mountaineering bag. Lin Wenbo frowned and went into the bathroom to check. He found that there was only a small piece of round soap on the bathroom sink and it was given to the public by the base. Laundry, bathing, shampooing, and washing were all shared.

Thinking of the dazzling shampoo, shower gel, shaving foam, soap and so on, placed in the bathroom by Gong Xiangyi, Lin Wenbo's chest seemed to be crushed by a large stone, making him feel extremely ashamed at the same time. Looking at the child in front of him filled with ignorant joy, his eyes slightly warmed and he rushed back, gazing at the other.

"Big Brother Lin, what's wrong with you? Why are you suddenly unhappy?" The sensitive Gong Lixin immediately noticed Lin Wenbo's abnormal emotions and reached out to pat his shoulders as he asked worriedly.

Ads by Pubfuture

"No, Big Brother Lin is very well." Lin Wenbo placed his hand over the back of the boy's soft hand with lush fingertips, forcing out a smile to comfort the other.