Chapter One

A/N: THIS STORY TAKES PLACE DURING NIGHTFALL AFTER SOPHIE FINDS HER PARENTS AND WASHES THEIR MEMORIES, THEN DROPS AMY TO THE FORBIDDEN CITIES. THEY NEVER FOUND ALVAR, HE IS STILL ALIVE, HEALTHY, AND WITH THE NEVERSEEN SOMEWHERE. ALSO, THE WHOLE... THING WITH DEX AND THE CRUSH CUFFS DIDN'T HAPPEN EITHER

THIS IS MY FIRST FANFICTION EVER, SO NO HATE PLEASE

Sophie's POV

"Sophie!!" Biana demands through the imparter, "Are you even listening to me?"

"Of course," Sophie says unconvincingly from her bedroom at Havenfield, zoning in and out from Biana's nonstop chatter. "You were saying- uh- that you like Tam?"

"That was ten minutes ago!" Biana groaned, "I asked you if you could come over for a sleepover at Everglen. And before you ask, I also invited Keefe, Dex, Marella, Tam, and Linh. Fitz and I will be there too."

"Sure, let me ask Grady and Edaline, but I'm sure they'll say yes. Also, I knew that." Sophie hung up the imparter before Biana could retort back because they both knew she didn't. Walking down the stairs, she found her parents in the kitchen, Edaline cooking and Grady having an early lunch of what looked like blue cookies and lushberry tea, but elvin food always tasted better than it looked.

"-just have to let Sophie know," Grady was saying, taking a sip of his tea.

Let Sophie know what? Is this about the Neverseen? Sophie squashed her curiosity and quickly crept back up the stairs and came down again, this time making sure to make enough noise that they knew she was coming, but not look obvious.

"Hey kiddo, what's up?" Grady asked, looking up before she even reached the bottom. "Your mom and I were just about to come get you. The council wants us to rehabilitate some unicorns since there are too many at Sterling Gables and they've been acting up lately. We'll be gone for the rest of today and tomorrow."

"Oh, that's perfect! Biana just invited me over to Everglen for a sleepover, and I was going to ask if I could go." Sophie said with a relieved smile.

----------------------------- Time Skip -----------------------------

"That's what you're wearing to the Vacker's house?" A snarky voice from her mirror demanded. Sophie had spent the time since Grady and Edaline left packing her bag for the sleepover, making sure to triple-check that she had her sleeping bag because there was no way she was using one of Biana's hot pink, sparkly ones. She didn't even bother packing clothes other than her pajamas, though, because if she knew her vanisher friend at all, there was no avoiding makeovers. Not that Sophie would admit that.

"It's just a sleepover," Sophie shrugged. She didn't see anything wrong with her outfit, which was a lilac tunic and black pants.

"At your boyfriend's house," Vertina argued, "You want to look good for him, don't you?"

"He's not my boyfriend!" Sophie felt a blush rising on her cheeks and tried to shove it down, key word tried. She ended up looking down, letting her hair fall against her cheeks and hiding behind it.

"Still not done with the pointless denial, huh?" Vertina scoffed, "It's really getting old. You guys should just make Fitzphie official already." Sophie scowled at the mirror.

"There's no denial. Besides, Fitz doesn't like me in that way," Sophie huffed. Vertina did a virtual facepalm, muttering something about an obvious square. Wait. Didn't Keefe mention a square too, while he was in the Neverseen?

"Whatever. Either way, there's no way I'm letting you leave the house looking like that. Grab a hairbrush, hair tie, and some makeup" Vertina instructed, shaking Sophie from that confusing train of thought. She reluctantly obliged, since her hair did look kind of messy. Ten minutes and a lot of bickering later, Vertina finally told her she looked 'good enough' and clicked off. Sighing, Sophie took a look at herself in the mirror and gasped.