Part 22

Dominic held back Rosetta's now straightened hair, as she emptied her stomach in the toilet once again." Are you sure you don't want to skip out on dinner tonight?" He asked rubbing her back." Yeah, I'm sure." She said sitting up." I can make it through dinner." She held his face, soothing her thumb over his worry lines." Baby, I think we should stay home." Dominic said holding her hips." Why?" She slid on her sweater, running a hand over her baby bump, Dominic put his hand above hers." Because you haven't been able to keep food down, you are having dizzy spells and pains and-" She put a finger over his lips." You're not going to change my mind so let's just go." She grabbed his hand and took him out of the bathroom.

Sitting at the Merlina family dinner table, Dominic wrapped an arm around her. Pressing his lips against her ear and smiling." You know I love you right?" He asked. She looked up at him." Of course, I do." She kissed his cheek, slowly moving closer to his lips. He chuckled into their kiss as she pulled on his tie to deepen their kiss. Dominic grabbed her chin pulling away." Marry me?" He whispered against her mouth. She pulled away looking into his eyes." What?!" She said louder than intended. Everyone turned and looked at them." I want you to marry me Rossetta." He pulled out a ring box. Tears fell from her eyes before tossing herself onto Dominic." Yes! A million times Yes!" She kissed him over and over. He took the ring out of the box sliding it on her finger.

Rossetta sat on his lap playing with Dominic's hair as he kissed her stomach." Daddy loves you so much." Once again, her family looked up at them." It was positive?" Massimo asked in a cheerful voice. Rossetta smiled and nodded. Antanella screamed jumping up and down." Yay!" She hugged Massimo. Florence along with their parents sat there in shock." Are you pregnant?" Vinny looked at Dominic with a nasty glare. "Yeah, papa! Isn't it all great?" Vinny sucks his tongue." Outside now." He said standing up. Dominic sat down in the chair, getting up to follow him out.

Once outside Vinny pinned Dominic to the wall, his height, and slightly muscular body nowhere meeting Dominic's. "You only propose because you got her pregnant?" Dominic sighed softly." No, I wasn't planning on proposing until today because today is our anniversary, she just happened to get pregnant before I left for Italy." He explained. Vinny didn't buy any of this, he tightened his grip on his shirt." I'm warning you for the last time." Rossetta along with everyone else came out to see what was up." Papa what the hell?!" She ran over, pushing Vinny off Dominic." Baby, are you ok?" She asked rubbing Dominic's face." I'm ok honey." He kissed her hand. Marina walked over, looking her husband in his face." Baby I- "Vinny stopped mid-sentence as his wife slapped him." I'm tired of it. You are being too harsh, you're going to ruin her relationship with Dominic, the relationship she has with you and you're going to ruin our marriage. Rose is twenty, she can make her own choices and you don't get a say in that." Vinny looked at his wife." Mari." She shook her head." Save it." She began to walk away, and Vinny followed behind her. Dominic kissed Rossetta's hands." It's ok baby, I promise I'm ok." He slid his hands to her waist." Let's head home, I think we've had enough excitement for one night."

Rose sat in her and Domininc's bed, marveling at the ring on her finger." Where did you get this ring from?" She asked, seeing him walking in from the hallway. " I got it from an old relative." He told her, as he got in the bed, pulling her close behind her." Such a big bonnet baby." He chuckled moving her bonnet out of his face. " It's beautiful Dom." She took off the ring and read the engraving on the inside.' non est aliquid tam tragicum adhuc, tam magica de te'( there's something so tragic yet, so magic about you). She turned to face him. "Who did you get this ring from Dominic" She sat up. He sat up as well." My grandmother invited me out to go see her in Greece. Where she put this ring in my hand and said pass on my legacy to someone deserving... so I told you about you." Rossetta's eyes shined looking at him. " Oh baby" She covered her mouth. " She told me, Louie, that's the woman I want to carry my legacy. Her and only her." He smiled holding her face. " She wants to meet you soon, so I bought her a ticket to come visit us in a month." Rose hugged him and kissed her cheek with a smile. " I can't wait, my love." She smiled. He leaned over and kissed her softly." Me neither." He chuckled