Chapter Forty Six

Micah

I groaned getting off my bed. I had completed my monthly cycle two days ago and I always hated the feelings I had after it.

My hormones always rose to it's highest and I was always desperately horny throughout the week following my period.

Being alone on a trip with a man who I found very attractive didn't help things at all; a man who confessed feelings for me and shared a passionate kiss with me at the backseat of his car was even worse.

All I wanted to do at this point was trap him in-between my legs while he eats me up.

I stick the electric toothbrush into my mouth and let it vibrate as I stare at myself in the mirror.

I hear a knock on my door and after gargling for a minute, I leave my bathroom and walk towards the sitting room.

It was Kristopher behind the door, he's already dressed up. He looks so handsome in him navy blue suit and his gelled back hair. I almost moan at the earthy scent that swirls round him.

"Morning." I greet lazily, remembering the way I had gotten aroused yesterday but he shut me down.

He leans in, giving me a gentle peck on my forehead. I tried my best hiding my smile. That's new, I hope it has come to stay.

"I'm going for the meeting now." He informs me.

I nod. "I think I'm going to explore Italy a little."

He digs his hand into his slacks pocket, pulling out a credit card and gesturing me to take It.

"53342. You can buy yourself whatever you want."

My eyes almost widens. "I can't take your credit card. Whatever I want? What if I max it out?"

His signature proud look graces his handsome face. "You can try."

I roll my eyes at such a robin he could be at times.

"Thank you Kristopher, I mean it."

He doesn't reply, he just nods and makes a move to walk away before I grab his wrist. I walk closer to him, leaning in, I press my lips on his soft ones. It isn't a deep kiss, rather a gentle peck.

"That's for good luck on your meeting." I brushed my thumb over his lips. We were really acting like the couple the article said we were.

"Up until today, I never needed or liked luck so much." He leans in for a kiss, a much deeper one this time.

I had to pull away now, else I wouldn't be able to stop myself any later.

***

I had no idea how beautiful the city of Florence was. I had taken a cab from the hotel and I had been exploring for the past four hours. I wasn't even tired.

I didn't buy anything, just a few roadside snacks and I used my money. I didn't feel comfortable using Kristopher's card. I really liked Kristopher but still, I was trying my best to be an independent woman.

Sitting on a bed in the park, I pulled out my phone and took a quick selfie. Giggling at how I looked, I saved the picture and put my phone away.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed a lady about my age staring at me. Awkwardly, I rose up my hand, giving her a small wave.

"Hello." She walked to me, her voice thick with an Italian accent.

"Hey."

"Aren't you Michael? Mic-? Micah?" She asked

"Do I know you?" I narrowed my eyes.

"No, I'm Caecilia. It's really nice to meet you." She smiled brightly but I was too nervous to acknowledge how gorgeous she looked.