8 : Hush little baby, please don't cry

I was surprised when the doctors agreed to Jelo and KJ's proposition that we come and join them when they go back to the laboratory. I thought for sure they would shoot the idea down but they agreed, after thinking about it, of course, they didn't say yes immediately. Their argument as to why they're allowing it, despite not wanting to, is because many of the doctors and staff that went during the first exploration need to tend to patients. During the escape, many were injured, and the doctors have to stay because the health and well-being of the people come first.

Hence why our group is the Exploration Team, we seemed the obvious choice for it. The Watchers were needed here for everyone's safety, they also couldn't bring the Maintenance Crew along because they also had important jobs to do here. Even if those capable people were not busy our group would still be the obvious choice for it. After all, we were the ones who knew about Estrella, and their experiments, and had a clue of what was going on. And yes, I gave each team nicknames.

I asked them why we aren't sharing the information with people now that we had conclusive evidence that Estrella Corporation was linked to the virus. Ethan, DJ, and KJ also had the same question on their minds but Dr. Peralta put it nicely for us to understand. Estrella Laboratories was the biggest advanced research laboratory in the entire country, not to mention that it was part of something much bigger. Estrella Labs was just one of the many companies owned by the Estrella Group. Estrella also owns and funds various hospitals, a pharmaceutical company, and Medical Universities. One of the hospitals they funded was none other than the one we took refuge in. So Dr. Peralta asked us, how could we tell people that the organization many of these people trusted with their families' health, their medical procedures, and education, was responsible for the nightmare we were living in now. Estrella was a big important company, even children knew who they were. I couldn't answer Dr. Peralta without the image of one of the kids I met at the parking lot who needed surgery flashing through my mind. Why? Because Estrella was going to pay for seventy-five percent of the medical bills.

"Ready to go?" Jelo asked, I nodded and put my frying pan in the green and black backpack Miss Kagami gave me along with some candy bars and two bottles of water.

We didn't want to waste any time. We wanted to be back before nightfall because that's when things get more dangerous so Dr. Peralta told the Watchers that we would be heading out one more time, the Chefs, the wonderful people in charge of our food, also wanted us to pick some stuff along the way, so it also became an errand run.

"Where's Lanz?" DJ asked, now changed into a camouflage vest and cargo pants.

Jelo pointed to me and I realized we all look the same, "Where did these clothes come from? We look like we're about to dance."

"We're at a Talent Agency, it was in one of the storage closets," Ethan answered.

"How did you even know where the storage closet was and where these specific costumes were?" Jelo asked, "I just find it weird how you just seemed to know where to go."

"I cleaned up after the last rehearsal and tucked those away."

I wanted to ask more but Ethan just walked away, "Please tell me we're going to ask him about this soon."

"Definitely," Jelo and DJ agreed before getting in the jeep.

And with that, we were on our way.

Within thirty to forty-five minutes we reached the laboratory. As I had expected the place was desolate and in ruin. It was probably more awestriking before when it wasn't burnt and with holes, but it was still impressive. It was a huge circular building at around four hundred feet tall and 300 feet wide. I didn't expect that even after months the smell of soot, char, and ash would still linger.