Go Try Investigate

Waking up in a panic in an unfamiliar room, you immediately look for your phone, forgetting your unusual situation completely. But your hand brushes on something left inside your pocket, the metal key from the other day, you pick it up and inspect it. 'no use throwing it away, best to keep it' you think, and hold it tight in your palm.

Knocking is heard at the guest bedroom door, you glance towards the door but see it's already ajar with Wally peeking in,

"Hey, neighbor..! Breakfast is ready." He pauses for a second then continues, "Would you like to join me and home..? Or..are you tired..?" You shake your head, "I'll join ya' in a second." You reply and Wally smiles at your input, wide-eyed and joyful, "Great!" They shut the door and leave you to get ready.

Briefly putting the key back into your pocket and popping yourself out of bed, you shuffle into the kitchen and join Wally at the table, sitting down and looking at the various spread of fruits, "Did you prepare all this?" you ask Wally, very impressed at the display and the way they had it all arranged in a neat and tidy manner, each separated in different multicolored bowls and plates.

'Kiwi, orange, apples, grapes, strawberries, apples, pineapple, pear, apples, apples, apples, okay, that's a concerning amount of apples...' you thought to yourself, looking at the pile of apples. "So... Got a favorite fruit...?" you said, already knowing the answer. "My, it would have to be apples..!" Wally piped up in a cheery monotone voice, 'I really don't know why I asked...' You thought to yourself.

Preparing a fair portion of fruits onto your plate it looks almost sickeningly healthy as it rests there. You begin eating, slowly at first, uneasy due to the unrelenting stare Wally has on you. You begin to feel a bit uncomfortable after a few bites, you get the feeling he is watching your every move.

Turning slightly towards him, you stare back at him with a nervous expression, meeting his eye contact, "Are you...gonna eat?" You press and he snaps out of his concentration, "Well, I suppose I should. You should say that I'm, shy?" Wally said, sounding almost defensive about his eating habits.

He retracted his eyes to the side, looking at home, staying silent for a while. A creak of a door is heard alongside a banging kitchen cabinet and Wally's head popped up, "Oh! I forgot you wanted to search for your home, right?" You nod your head, returning your attention to the apples on your plate.

"Yeah, I really would appreciate the help getting back to the house. Like, don't get me wrong, I like your company, but I just kinda feel out of place here." You speak as you look over to the puppet and continue with your speech, Wally's face looks concerned by your feelings,

"I mean, I'm speaking to a PUPPET, this isn't normal. I feel like I should be talking to a real person. Or preferably someone who is well-versed in psychiatric treatments... Because man, this is weird." You pause for a moment, giving the puppet a look of concern, words feeling too hard to say.

Wally's face looks worried and his eyes soften, sensing the discomfort you feel, and he scoots to the corner of his chair, placing a hand on your shoulder. "Neighbor, you know you're welcome here."He said in a comforting tone.

You feel a lump in your throat as you hear those words. You nod, fighting the tears that are threatening to escape, feeling embarrassed and red-faced by the sudden emotions. Looking down at the table, feeling the heat rise in your cheeks, kind words always hit a little harder than any insult ever could.

You look up to find Wally watching you with his never-ending grin, his face full of kindness and warmth. "I'm just, I just want to get back to my house, that's all. I just feel a little lost, you know? Need some stable ground to return to." You swallow hard, your voice sounding shaky, and look down at your plate again, analyzing the fruits to keep you from thinking too much.