A Slight Break

Waking up felt extra tedious this morning, how many days have exactly passed? The third day of being stuck in this endlessly happy and colorful neighborhood.
Feeling like your body was heavier than usual and struggling to find motivation to get up you just stared at the ceiling, lying flat on the bed, sighing softly.
With so many social people surrounding you, the loneliness felt worse than usual. Almost craving someone who's at least somewhat of a normal person to talk to, 'Howdy's a kind of normal person, aside from the...Extra limbs.' you thought to yourself, thinking back to the other neighbors and remembering something Wally talked about yesterday, 'RIGHT. RIGHT!! THEY MOVED HERE. THERE'S A WAY TO GET IN, SO THERE SHOULD BE A WAY TO GET OUT!!' You screamed in your mind, shooting up from the bed and landing on the ground, feeling excited and suddenly filled with the energy to move. You proceed to sprint to the door and open it with one swift motion.
The door to the guest bedroom swings opens with immense force and it accidentally whacks Wally in the face, sending him promptly tumbling to the ground.
You stand over him, speechless that he was already standing in the way of the door, He just lies flat and limp on the ground in front of you, hand resting on his face in pain. 'Do puppets feel pain?'
"Are...You, okay??" You ask, the bafflement showing through your voice. You reach down and pull Wally up by his shoulders, dusting him off and propping him up against the door frame. He looks up at you with his half-lidded eyes and grins cheerily, seemingly unaffected by the accidental door slam, he smiles warmly, appreciating your help, "Thank you, neighbor." His melancholy voice spoke, almost sounding a bit sleepy.

Wally's big ink-pooled eyes staring right into yours, you noticed his pompadour looked freshly brushed and groomed, he seems to be taking a lot of care with his appearance today, as you looked at him, he took notice of your eyes on him and he cocked his head to the side, almost in a way that he was trying to read your mind.

He noticed your gaze was fixated on his hair, and his head perks up, "Would you like to use the restroom, neighbor? It's right down the hall." Wally chuckles and smiles. Heat slowly climbing to your cheeks, you slowly nod, almost regretful that you've been neglecting to take care of yourself, and shift past Wally in the doorframe to walk down the hall, without any response.

His eyes follow you as you walk away, in an analyzing manner and you could definitely feel them passively monitoring as you slowly make your way to the bathroom. Closing the door behind you, you take a deep breath and look around the restroom, a glint in your peripheral vision catching your attention, a mirror.

Noticing yourself in the mirror and stepping closer to it, ' God damn, I guess that's what happens when you don't shower for a couple of days ,' you think to yourself, as your eyes trail over to the shower curtain. The washroom had a vintage feel to it, with traces of lingering hairspray in the air, the hues were as vibrant as the ones in the guest bedroom.

The cheeriness gave an uncomfortable vibe to the bathroom you couldn't place your finger on, almost like an eerie silent dissonance in the room, free from Home's gaze and constant omnipresence throughout the house.

You pull the shower curtains back, turn on the faucet, and let the water run in the shower, steam slowly accumulated as the temperature of the water rose, rising to the ceiling.

Your gaze focuses on a small window on the tiled wall, the window was covered with a thick layer of condensation from the steam, It looked like it was used mainly to vent the steam from the shower. You rub your hand on the glass, making a small hole in the fogged window, the only view was to the backyard and the forest.

Sighing in relief, you slide the window open, and let the cool air vent into the room. Feeling refreshed, you gradually step into the shower and feel the warm water flow over your skin, slowly washing the stress away as you let the water run. The steam had built up to the ceiling, making you feel like you were in a sauna, but you didn't mind it.