Childhood friends ~ Carlos Sainz

I'm deathly nervous. After years gone because of Studying I finally got home. But that's not why I'm nervous. I'm nervous because my family got an Invite from the Sainz family. They celebrate there 30th year of marriage. My family is very close to them and neighbors. I'm standing in front of the mirror and look at my black dress.
„You look so beautiful princess" my dad says standing in my Doorway.
I blushed a little.
„Thank dad" I replied looking up and down on me.
„We will leave in 2 minutes." my dad comes to me and gives a kiss on my forehead.

My little Brother on my left hand and my dad on my right side are standing in front of the Sainz house. My Dad nocked. My heart was racing. The door opens a few second later.
„ Hey so nice to see you all" Ms. Sainz smiled „Y/n! I haven't seen you in ages. You look absolutely stunning"

„Thank you Ms. Sainz. Thanks for your invite it is a pleasure" I didn't now what to say so I just say  the standard answer.

„Oh please my love you know you can call me Reyes" She made space so that we can come in.

There were a lot more people than I was expecting.
The inside of the house is insane. You immediately fell poor when you see all the furniture. My family was never poor but also not that rich. My little brother George immediately run off as he saw the other kids from our neighborhood.

„Sweetie I will say hello to the other people around do you wanna come too."

I love my dad but no way I will hear the talk what my dad and his friends are talking.

„No thank I will grab a drink maybe later dad"

As I went over to a little bar to enjoy my drink I saw someone with long blond hair.

„Maria is it you?"

„Y/n. Omg how long haven't I seen you?" Maria a old childhood friend of mine turn around and gives me a hug.

„ Its great to see you. Are you still with Mattheo together?" I ask her trying to start a little talk.

„Yeah we actually married a year ago and a little girl is on the way" Maria points to her belly and smiles.

„Oh congrats" Not gonna lie I'm shook. Everyone around me have already a boyfriend or kids. Except from my big ass. I had one boyfriend in my whole life and that only for 2 sadly months.

„Thanks. I actually looking for Mattheo. I have to tell him something important. You don't mind if I will leave you alone to find him?"

„Oh no go. Good luck"

„ Okay maybe we can talk later again" she went off and we both know that we won't talk ever again.
So now I stand here like a complete idiot with my drink.

Carlos POV
I stand with a few friend talking when a girl catches my eyes. Wait is this.. No it can't be. I'm curious so I walk over to her. She stand completely lost with a drink in her hand and on her other hand with her phone. As I come near I quickly realize who it was.
My heart rate goes up like hell. I don't know what is in my mind but I tapp her on the shoulder.
„Y/n?"

Y/n POV

„Y/n?" a deep voice behind me appears. I know exactly who it was. My eyes went wide open. I turn around and was completely lost in those brown eyes.

„Carlos!"

„ I wasn't expecting to see you tonight tbh. Who long haven't we seen each other?" Carlos looks up and down on me.

I can hear my heard beat like I was running a marathon. Carlos probably can hear it too.

„ Yeah since 2013 as you went off because of your career in Formel Renault to be exactly." Omg I sound like a creep.

„Yes your right I guess. Anyway what are you doing? Are you now finally a journalist like you always wanted?"

He remembers? We didn't saw each other over 10 years and he still remembers.

„ Yes. Wow you still remember thats impressive."

„ Of course I remember" He smile at me and my heart completely fell out of my body because lt was racing to much.

„ And you achieved your dream of being a F1 driver!"
It was always his dream to get into to the hardest racing Serie.

„Si! Should we go outside so we can talk better?"

I need a minute to calm down. I was to stuned to speak so I just nod.

He takes one of his hand on my back and leads me outside. I can feel his warm hand through my dress.

Outside are a few people talking and children playing. But it is still better than inside were the music was loud. Here is a much more better atmosphere. Fairy lights hanging everywhere and it was absolute magic.

„Did you miss a lot while studying?" he ask and points to George who is playing hide and seek with some kids.

I look at George and went a bit sad. I didn't realized that he has growing so much while I was gone.
„Yeah a lot. When I went off to England, George was a small boy who went to kindergarden. And now he is in elementary school." I smile at George and feel my eyes are a bit watering.

„Do you wanna have children?" Carlos ask and takes my hand to calm me a bit down.

„Yeah I wanna have a small family with 3 children and a dog. With a house on the See and a big garden where they can play together." A grin appears on my face of the imagine.

Carlos smile went bigger and bigger.

„Do you wanna have children?" I ask out of curiosity.

„Yes. But I still wait for the right woman!" He looks deep in my eyes and put a hair behind my ear.

Being near this man makes me crazy. He became such a man in those years. He was just my best funny friend when he left and now?

„You haven't found her yet!" Our eyes are still looking at each other.

„I did actually ! She is standing right in front of me with a breath taking black dress."