Adore You

Monday was different. First of all, Harry couldn't wait to tell Niall about him and Louis since Louis said it was okay for him to tell Niall. Secondly, he would see Louis. He knew that they couldn't exactly make out in the corridor or something but just the thought of seeing him made him jittery.

He dragged Niall into a bathroom first thing and made sure that they were alone before he broke the news. He told him everything about yesterday. Well, not exactly everything. He kept some details to himself. Niall didn't react as expected.
"So you're gonna be his secret boyfriend?"

"For now. He's not ready to come out and I respect that." Harry replied.

"No, yeah, I understand that but I'm concerned, Harry. I don't want you to get hurt." Niall replied, looking worried.

"I'm happy, can't you just be happy for me?" Harry asked.

"Alright." Niall smiled even if he hesitated.

They went to class. Harry saw Louis at lunch when he, Zayn, and Liam joined their table. Oli looked surprised but he just came over and took a seat. Stan stayed.
"So we have a game on Wednesday. I hope you'll come to cheer us on." Liam said.

"Football? Bloody shite." Lewis said and Nick agreed.

Niall glanced at Harry.
"Harry and I can cheer you on. Right, Harry?"

"Yeah, why not?" Harry smiled. He sent a quiet thanks to Niall. He really wanted to watch Louis play.

"Great!" Louis said without looking at him.

Louis didn't exactly talk to him during lunch but at least they were sitting next to each other.

Harry got a text from him during his final class for the day.

Wanna hang out after school? Your place.

Harry immediately texted back and agreed. Louis replied in an instant.

I'll come over then. ♥️

Harry hurried home after school and tidied his room. Louis arrived a half hour later and they headed to Harry's room. Louis pulled him in for a kiss as soon as the door was closed.

They spent the afternoon making out and repeated it the next day. Behind closed doors, Louis was such a wonderful, sweet boyfriend and it was enough for now. Harry was so in love.

On Wednesday he arrived early at the football field to watch Louis warm up. He hid underneath the bleachers. He didn't want Louis to have to answer questions from his teammates about his presence.

He plugged his ears with AirPods and listened to music while he watched Louis run laps. It was a pleasant sight.

He just had to sing. The sudden urge to express himself bubbled up. He sang quietly to himself.

Walk in your rainbow paradise (paradise)
Strawberry lipstick state of mind (state of mind)
I get so lost inside your eyes
Would you believe it?

You don't have to say you love me
You don't have to say nothing
You don't have to say you're mine

Honey (ah)
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Oh, honey (ah)
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Like it's the only thing I'll ever do

You're wonder under summer skies (summer skies)
Brown skin and lemon over ice
Would you believe it?

You don't have to say you love me
I just wanna tell you somethin'
Lately you've been on my mind

Honey (ah)
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Oh, honey (ah)
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Like it's the only thing I'll ever do

I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Oh, honey (ah)
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Like it's the only thing I'll ever do
(Ah)
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Oh, honey (ah)
Oh, honey
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you

Oh, honey
(Oh)
Just let me adore you
Like it's the only thing I'll ever do

He saw Niall as he arrived and walked over to meet him. They found a good place to sit as the bleacher filled up with other people arriving to watch the game.

As the team took their positions Louis was looking at the bleachers. When he saw Harry he smiled and waved quickly.

The game began. Harry never thought he would get invested in sports but when Louis rushed toward the goal ten minutes in with the ball Harry stood up and cheered from the top of his lungs. Louis managed to get the ball in the net and Niall jumped and shouted next to Harry. They hugged and cheered. Niall seemed to be taking his breakup pretty well. He had told him a couple of days ago that he had realized that he had fallen out of love with his ex months ago but he had been stubborn.

Liam was the goalie and managed to save the other team's effort to score. Niall and Harry cheered for him too. Before they knew it, it was already halftime. The teams changed sides.

Zayn passed Louis who dribbled the ball and kicked it to Stan. They worked their way towards the goal and Louis kicked it in the net once more.

The other team didn't manage to make a goal and they won 2-0. Zayn and Liam came running over when the game was over and Louis joined them.
"Great game guys!" Niall grinned.

"Thanks." Liam beamed.

"Congratulations." Harry said to Louis.

"Thanks." Louis smiled.

"Guys! Celebration with the team. Get your asses here!" Stan shouted.

Louis rolled his eyes.
"We have to go."

Harry was a little disappointed but he didn't show it.
"Okay."

Louis turned around and walked toward the locker room. Zayn and Liam said goodbye before they ran up to Louis. Harry turned around and headed down the bleachers.
"Is this how it's gonna be from now on?" Niall asked.

"What do you mean?" Harry wondered.

"He didn't even ask if you wanted to join him." Niall said.

"He's celebrating with his team. Why would he ask me? He has to be able to do things on his own, Niall. It's not like Zayn or Liam invited you. It's a team thing." Harry answered.

"Yeah, okay. You're right. Sorry" Niall answered.

Harry knew he was right and he had no problem with it. Of course, Louis would do stuff by himself sometimes. He just missed him.