1-3

You sat in the lab working on a small camera for your new suit. It would blend in perfectly with your spider emblem. You were making two, of course, so that the lab had something in return. 

"Still here?" Dr. Octavius walked in with a hot cup of coffee in her hands, her hair wild like usual. 

You looked up, "Mo- MJ is on her way. Dad forgot to pick me up. He had a late shift." 

"You should call her mom, you know. I bet she would be over the moon, especially with a kid like you." She sat down next to you, "I know I would be overjoyed to find a brilliant, absolutely gorgeous little girl who loved me a lot."

You looked at the camera, "You're right." Leaning against her shoulder, Liv looked through your theorem notes, "these look accurate. How many are you making?" 

"Two to start it off, one for testing and the other for adjustment." You yawned.

Both of your pagers went off, "Start packing up, I'll let her in."

She walked swiftly down the hallway, seeing a tall woman with red hair stand by the sign in desk, signing the sheet, "Mrs. Parker?"

She looked up, "Yes?" She walked forward, holding her hand out, "Dr. Olivia Octavius, I'm Y/n's mentor."

She shook her hand, "It's lovely to meet you, Y/n talks about you and Mr. Parker all the time."

MJ looked up in shock, "She does?" Liv nodded and started walking, the shorter woman following behind, "Yes, she adores both of you," the both of them stopped by the door, watching you pick up your supplies, "she's a good kid who loves hard. Take care of her, please." 

MJ watched as you zipped up your bag.

"Y/n, your mom's here." Liv knocked on the door frame as you slipped your bag on, "Thanks Liv. I start school in two weeks, so I may not be able to come in as much."

"Right," she thought for a moment, "they have dorms there too, right?"

You nodded, "Yeah, I'll see you on Monday."

You walked out next to MJ, silent and unsure what to say. You both signed out, walking to the car she unlocked it, "I bought you food. I know you struggle with trying new foods, so I got you that salad you like, and some pasta, there's a brownie and your favorite drink in the cup holder."

You smiled and said 'thank you' as you started to eat your salad. You were grateful that she took your problems into consideration and even bought you food.

While you had never had a mom when you lived with your biological father, you remembered all of the scrapbooks hidden beneath the floor board of the dingy house. No one cared much for maintenance work in The Projects, so it was easy to keep them hidden with no one to look for them.

You would spend all of your time going through those books before your dad came home from his job at the plant. You didn't know what he was like when he wasn't drunk or high on something. '

You cringed at the thought of calling him your dad. It was almost like the Simpson's, except there were no siblings, or mother, or dumb doting father with siblings, just perpetual beatings and constant abuse. 

The worst part was the fact that you were only removed from him four years ago, constantly bouncing around the system and him as CPS tried to figure out if he was an unfit parent when they finally decided to remove 10, then 11 year old you from his care.

You still couldn't stand smokers or people drinking near you, remembering all the times he had his friends over. They called him Guel, a nickname of sorts.

You were grateful when his best friend, José, had finally reported him after witnessing you getting beat first hand.

He never called to check up on you or attempted contact, though you knew he was afraid of your bio father finding you. 

You were happy to be in your home, with two loving parents who would never, ever harm you.

-.-

You stepped off the train, it was going to get dark soon, and you wanted to make it to the burger place before it closed. Slipping inside quietly, you accidentally bumped into someone in the store. 

You looked up to see a light-skin boy, probably mixed with Cuban or Puerto Rican. He gave a quick sorry, looking into your eyes, panicking slightly.

To this boy, you were hot. More than hot. The essence of gorgeous if it were a person, but he didn't know how to convey those words properly, so he did all he knew how to.

He cleared his throat and slid a hand on your shoulder, "Hey."

You stared dead into his eyes with a straight look before cracking a smile. You couldn't contain the chuckles as he removed his hand and cleared his throat again, "uhm, I... I wanted to know if I could buy you a burger and eat with you?"

He rubbed the back of his neck, I know it's kind of sudden, and you don't know me, but you're so pretty- beyond pretty really, and I thought we could get to know each other."

You thought for a moment, "I don't see why not, I have nowhere to be right now."

You turned to walk ahead in line, "Are you coming, hot shot?"

He sped-walked to catch up with you, standing next to you in line and passed time by asking you questions. He was sweet and genuinely interested in what you worked on at the lab. And as luck would have it, you guessed right. Miles, his name, was half black and half Puerto Rican.

"You know, I wouldn't mind doing this again. I would love to stay in contact with you, only if you want to." Miles panicked.

You gave him your number on a napkin, "I'll see you later."

"Wait!" You stopped and turned, "I could walk you home! It's not safe out here, and we're in the same direction!"

You raised an eyebrow, about to refute it before stopping yourself, "Well," you fixed his hoodie strings, "if we're in the same direction, I don't see why not."

You smiled as you walked out, knowing that Miles was celebrating in his mind on the way to the station.

If only you knew what was coming.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow for more!