Ruki X Oc : The Love of Aquarius

A.N: Here we are my lovelies, the second instalment of Erotique: The Zodiac Journals. Today we are taking a peek at what our adorable Aquarian vocalist has been up to. Or at least, what my mind came up with anyway. CW: Dubious Consent. Please enjoy.

Verona stared at the lapping waves of the Aegean Sea from their villa, relishing her newfound appreciation for the ocean

Verona stared at the lapping waves of the Aegean Sea from their villa, relishing her newfound appreciation for the ocean. She had finally had him to herself for three straight months. So he had decided that a trip to Greece, particularly Santorini, would do them a world of good.

The tour had been long, hard and lonely for him this time. She'd been unable to travel with the group, and where she hadn't been the only Gaze lady who couldn't commit to the travel, she was the newest. Aoi, Uruha, and Kai had their women out with them. Reita hadn't been able to have his wife with him, but he had been able to have their son instead. So still had company for the work. Ruki, on the other hand, hadn't had anyone but himself. At first, it hadn't bothered him much; he was, after all, used to this. The group had been going for over twenty years, so this wasn't his first rodeo. However, he had explained that since they had gotten together a little over a year ago, he'd found it difficult to be without her. A sentiment that she couldn't help but echo. Because she had felt like she was missing a limb when he wasn't with her.

Pulling the throw blanket tighter around her shoulders, she curled up on the couple's lounger and sipped on the rich Grecian coffee she had made. It was wonderfully warm this time of year, but the early mornings had a chill that wouldn't fade until later in the day when the sun's heat would warm the area perfectly. At the moment, she could barely see its rays peaking up over the horizon. She had been unable to sleep because something had been eating at her mind all night.

She hadn't felt right for the past few days, nothing too noticeable for an outsider but something glaringly obvious to her. She was very aware of her body, so any slight changes did not fly under the radar for her. She had noticed the dizziness anytime she got up, even brief as it was. It would be easy to say that she'd just gotten up too quickly, and her equilibrium had needed a moment to adjust.

But it was every time she stood up, causing her to carefully stand any time she wanted to get up. Also, fatigue, she'd noticed an uptick in her exhaustion levels. At first, she had figured that she'd just been getting too much sun and had tired herself. But after a few days spent inside the safety of the air-conditioned private villa that Ruki had rented, the exhaustion had not subsided. Plus, the heat of Japan's summer was worse than that of Grecian Spring, and she had never succumbed to heat-related illness then.

And the last thing, possibly the most damning, was near-constant nausea until about one pm. She never threw up; she just felt like she possibly could. She had taken to drinking ginger tea with breakfast to help settle her stomach. Ruki, she had realised, had noticed this and was suspicious of her reasonings. She didn't commonly drink any ginger drinks, so to suddenly start? It was something that he had noticed and questioned her on. She shrugged her shoulders and explained that her stomach was unsettled, and the ginger did wonders. She didn't see any reason to lie to him, but she also wasn't about to be forthcoming with her own suspicions and make him worry.