Chapter 7

By Korean Comic- IF ASIAN PARENTS MADE A RAP SONG

"Hey! I'm Claire Everest," said Claire as she extended her arm. Zach shook her hand.

"Hi. I'm Nathan Everest, but you can call me Nate." He also extended his arm, but Zach just stared at it before I nudged him to shake his hand. Zach shook his hand but lingered a bit longer before breaking contact.

We stood there in awkward silence before someone nearby started playing some music at maximum volume in the library. The librarian went over to the person playing the music and snatched the laptop away.

"Do people play music at maximum volume in the library?" asked Nate. I shook my head.

"Well, we better get going. It was nice to meet you, Zach." Claire said before being interrupted by Nate's gasp.

He went closer to Zach and exclaimed, "You know Cookie Run Kingdom?" "You're the one that Maya mentioned?"

Nate is a huge fan of Cookie Run Kingdom and could go on for hours babbling about everything he knew about it. Since neither I nor Claire know the game, he needed someone to talk to about the Cookie Run Kingdom.

"I never knew that Maggie had a friend who liked Cookie Run Kingdom," said Zach with a smirk.

"Shut up." I spoke. Claire suddenly asked, "Are you planning on hanging out with us after school?"

I shook my head, saying that today I had an after-school meeting with the book club. Claire slightly frowned. "Okay, maybe tomorrow?" she asked.

"Sure." I spoke. The bell rang, and I went off to PE. Claire shared two classes with me, and so did Nathan. I didn't have my first period with either of them.

"So, how do you think of my old friends?", I asked. Zach only said one word.

"Cute."

Great. My friend had already found them cute. Or maybe one of them.

"Which one?" I asked. Zach gestured towards Nathan, who was animatedly chatting with Claire. I should have known.

As Zach sped off to find Grey, I found Alexis, who was going through the fantasy section. I hid from him before he could find me. Suddenly, I felt my bag's zipper opening. I turned around and saw Alexis with a book in his hand, trying to forcefully put a book in my bag.

A copy of The Five Kingdoms was in his hand. Oh great. Jelly (Julie) and Zach tried to make me read Keeper of the Lost Cities, and now Alexis wants to forcefully make me read this book. I wasn't a fan of fantasy books, but I liked fantasy movies. I just hope that they release a movie for both series.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He rolled his eyes.

"Making you read The Five Kingdoms, of course." He replied.

"Well, I don't want to read this." I spoke.

"But why? Can't you give it a chance?" he whined. Didn't they get it? I didn't like to read these types of books. Why on Earth do people want me to do stuff I don't want to?

I took the copy and placed it back in its rightful place. Alexis scowled at me. I was used to scowling all the time.

Alexis was in my elective class. He was, yet again, one of my best friends. He had dyed purple hair, freckles, and blue eyes. He liked to act like a sassy girl sometimes. It always makes me crack up.

Before I said anything else, the bell rang.

-Lunch-

I sat down at my usual spot. Soon enough, Alexis and Tasha showed up. But the longer I waited, I didn't see Cammie.

I spotted her friend. I went over to her.

"Hey, uh, do you know if Cammie is here today?" I asked.

"No, she's gone to Ohio for the week." She replied.

"Oh, okay." I spoke. Usually, Cammie would tell me in advance if she would be there or not. It was weird, but then again, Cammie usually travels in the middle of the school year.

Alexis and Tasha were engaging in a conversation, but I stared at my egg sandwich, which I'd usually be hogging over. Something didn't add up.

I was no Sherlock Holmes (I wanted to be one, though). It's a sad reality that I'm not good at being a friggin detective, but something was up. I never told anyone before, but before the gym incident, I saw a black shadow or figure move across the gym room. I just ignored it, thinking it was a figment of my big imagination. Obviously, I was wrong.

Could it be the figure who caused the incident in the first place?

5th period-

We had a week before the semester ended. I was glad. I will have SEL learning next semester. I couldn't wait for it. PE sucks anyway, especially when you have it for first period and must do push-ups in the morning.

I needed to go to the bathroom, so I took the pass and rushed down the hallway. After I came out of the bathroom, I was walking through the hallways when I heard something rumbling slightly. I followed the sound until I reached the cafeteria. The rumbling sound had already stopped minutes ago. I looked under every cafeteria table till I heard it again, but more faintly.

I looked under one of the cafeteria tables where I heard rumbling, but suddenly, I looked down, and to my horror, it was a person. For a second, I thought that the person was dead, but I heard breathing. Thank God. But as I moved the hair from the person's face, my face fell.

It was Cammie.

And after that, I found a teacher nearby and told her what I saw. Soon, within minutes, the school parking lot was filled with the police, an ambulance, and Cammie's parents. I was worried.

I was scared.

This has gone too far.